• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Is the hobby dying off?

norcoforever

On 2017-6-1 at 12:22, bombercountynick said:

Forums are dying.

That's a different kettle of fish, so to speak.

I have noticed how quiet it is on here recently though, in regards to amount of new posts/threads, strange as when you look down the forums I see my avatar next to multiple threads and think I'm flooding the forum, but then I realise that some of my posts that are till showing as the last post are 5+ days old etc etc

Strange really as when I look down again i sometimes see 70-80+ members online at any one time

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Yeah i see your point yoodoo.

Everyone's out enjoying the good weather!

I work nights so i have my days free to post / make vids.

I do mixed hours,days and nights(funeral director).But most of the time I can't be arsed going out with them as there arn't that many p[laces and no one to run with.

J

Thought you would ask;) I used to take mutley, my dog out when I bashed (her real name is Jess but thats a nick name) When we got to the feild she used to chase my cars,exerise for her and a good laugh for me.. Anyway,the place where we used to go had a good few rabbit holes and when she was  after my Hyper 7 her leg went down a hole and she didn't stop resulting in a bust tendon.So after a few titanium plates and Xrays costing £200 each she ended up costing just over 2K to repair.

I had just spent a shed load on solicitors fee's and estate agents fee's as we were moving house and had virtually bugger all left.When my mam and dad got wind of this they paid....phew , I really couldn't do the vets bill at the time and the bonus is they said it was a gift for the kids as they didn't want to see them upset.

Thanks god for parents hey^_^

J

• Like 1

Same here...:boohoo: i usually end up with the kids in tow ..

I'm awaiting @Scotty napalm to get his affairs in order...:whistling: so we can meet for a bash.

I'm not ready till August now mate. Waiting on something real special [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, yoodoo said:

no one to run with.

J

Ditto :boohoo::loser::bye2::crybaby:

Lil' girl or missus not really interested either.

Back on topic tho. The way HPI then ARRMA went in strife and now the GOOLRC stuff disappearing concerns me a little.

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

I know what I'd have done...

Joking, i love animals..

1q4mj7.jpg

Ha ha, i'm afraid the dog has to come first.....or if anyone has a Emaxx with VBS,HCR,Gorriamaxx,Hobao diff's,Strobes,FlexTek,Sun 7,UE and other exotic parts I maybe tempted.

J

11 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Ditto :boohoo::loser::bye2::crybaby:

Lil' girl or missus not really interested either.

I know the feeling Daz.I have bought my missus,drift car , monster truck  and buggies......not interested Also a TBS Disco....not interested.So I had to keep them..:lol::lol::lol:

J

Oh,and two motorbikes....she wasn't interested in those either so I had to keep them as well..;)

Edited by yoodoo

That doesn't suprise me that goolrc has ceased trading.

Looks like they've pulled stock from. eBay and Amazon.

Thankfully they where Chinese/eastern based not European.

There main issue in their instance was almost certainly operating on razor thin profit margins, margins too thin to see them through a slow period

Logical deduction.

Amazon listings pulled, and as a fellow member recently found out, from eBay themselves, that they themselves pulled goolrc listings.

When they do this its because the seller is fraudulent (not the case here) or the company has been put in administration/ceased trading

I also believe goolrc are China based

Yes ,they are Chinese but I was wondering why?? The Chinese saturate the market with re-branded/ripped off gear so I wonder why they have ceased trading.Alot of people I know on forums and person are buying all their stuff.

J

Could be something completely unrelated. Did the pay there taxes for instance? Doing business in China is pretty complicated but they are cracking down on IP theft and corruption. Could be related to any number of things. Look at how Woolworths and Virgin Megastores went out of business - it was the suppliers that collapsed. Same problem that Hobbico is having right now - they sell a boat load of Arrma and Axial stuff but their factories in China closed. Apparently.

• Like 1

Kids just aren't getting into the hobby as much with so many other things they can pick from. Drones will take over bashing easily within a few years as prices drop. We all know the satisfaction of fixing an rc and seeing it run again, now if a kid sees something broken they expect to just throw it away.