• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Desert Buggy XL-E - Owners Club

rushboy2004

7 minutes ago, mainstreet said:

I use these http://www.gensace.de/gens-ace-6750mah-14-8v-70c-4s1p-hardcase-lipo-battery-14.html

The gotcha with the DBXL-E battery holders are that they are quite short. These lipos fit well and are a quality make

Thank you also what sort of run times are you getting

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, kenny_st said:

IS anyone running a fan on there motor? Just want to know which one would fit 

I run one of these

Be warned though, rough bashing will break the fins off the fans so I now have a stock of small fans that I replace as and when needed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SkyRC-1-5th-Motor-Cooling-Fan-SK-400008-15-/391925743873

anyone know how to set the failsafe on the dbxle,  if I loose a signal to the receiver ?  as it stands if I turn my dx4s off the car starts going half throttle 

Edited by kenny_st

• 4 weeks later...

just double check the failsafe mine was not set, and ignore the facebook page if you go on there , apparently you need to spend another 100 to 200 just to get the car right, that's not true, just make sure you set the end points and check the servo horn mine was very loose 

Edited by kenny_st

4 hours ago, RobFandango said:

I don’t really go on Facebook a lot, what is it the feel you need to spend another 200 on?

ive done a lot of reading and everyone seems to say they are fantastic stock!

hot racing steering set up, better servo, better wheels blah blah 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Going to eat my words here lol had to order the hot racing steering set up, 2 standards have broke on me, on another note not sure why the plastic in the dibby e is a different grade to the petrol version ? 

Also  had to change the steering horn to the standard km x2 one, a lot stronger and doesn’t undo it self every 5 mins 

Edited by kenny_st

• 1 month later...