• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BSR Berserker

You aren't going to be able to harden steel in a normal oven. It's nowhere near hot enough to change the structure. It probably need to be 800-1000c :P

Did you put shims in or just the gears on there own? 

Edited by Jumper

Yes I shimmed the differential. The gear differential oil weight I am using is 20,000 wt. Lol thanks for the advice Jumper in regards to the oven temps not being high enough. I just need really hard diff gears. I think I know where I went wrong I didn't grease the crown gear on the differential so that could have caused problems and the temp got way to high and broke the diff gears. I will be taking apart the hobao differentials when they arrive to check if it has washers inside the diff housing which could be another reason why the BSR diff gears shattered (BSR diff does not have washers inside the diff housing from the factory). Many things to consider but I will keep you updated.

Cheers guys.

Edited by ProjectBrutality
  • Like 1

Chaps she is back together fully working again. Took her out for an hour and ran 2 packs through her. No problems so far. Will keep you updated on the progress.

IMG_20190815_215550-min.jpg

IMG_20190815_215557-min.jpg

Edited by ProjectBrutality
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...