• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

£19.22 RTR 1/18th Crawler

Bought this intending to mod it immediately but surprisingly found it to be usable as is. Took it out of the box, charged up the 3.7v LiPo and stuck two AAs in the TX and tossed it on the floor for a test run. Expected it to be horrible and difficult to control and in immediate need of a proper ESC and steering servo but to my surprise it was actually very driveable and easy to control. Speed is proportional but steering is just full left or right but as steering angle is limited wasn't too much of a problem although wish it would turn a lot tighter. It was actually fun to drive. :o

Yes it's very toy grade and a bit cheap and nasty in build quality and doesn't turn well enough..........but for £19.22 delivered. :) Would be ideal if you're looking for something cheap to give to a young-un, that's if you let go of it that is.

Recommended? Definitively if you want something cheap and cheerful. :thumbsup:

John

CheapCrawler-3.jpg.a44e58cc227af887e7b2fe81cf75d856.jpg

CheapCrawler-1.jpg.3d25ec7ade7ad1239b7189c4fef81a1e.jpg

CheapCrawler-2.jpg.7bd890233a333406f253e917c96349eb.jpg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2

Dude ive been checking this out too i think but at 17£ although a did see a slightly better looking one but that was 40. My 3yr old needs one and this looks perfect. 

I remember one years back maistro mayb which looked very good two sizes available and lots of people modding them. But fell on a scx roller too good to say no best rc i ever brought too. Still nothing broken but bashed by a little girl 27t motor nippy. The odd screws backs out tho. 

Do you think this would size up ok with a scx? Ish. 

Edit saw the video now looks perfect but if guys mod them easily ide prob try too. Need a red one prob should wait till July 4th tho. Is it bad i need to think of usa independence day to remember my kids bday. 

Edited by RCbutcher