• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mini 8ight pinion/spur options

bombercountynick

Afternoon all.

My mini 8ight ate another spur gear today, in fairness it's only chewed 2 since i've had it but i'd like a proper fix.

I'm under the impression that the stock losi spur gear are 0.5mod... however the pinions I have are 48dp... I've read this is very similar, but obviously it's still not ideal?

The LC motor i'm running has a bigger shaft than the stock losi motor so I don't think there are any 0.5 pinions available.... is there any 48dp spur gears available instead?

I'm giving this buggy one last chance before it get's tossed into the pit of despair 

Edited by bombercountynick

LOSB1922 is the part number for the set of 3 spurs for mini 8 (I am selling a set with mine on for sale section) as to what pitch they are no clue I just assume they would fit as this what they are sold for?

I have had a pack of original spurs, however they come with 3 different sizes, which is pretty annoying, i'd just like the one size so I don't have to faff about changing the pinion gear. The stock losi spur's are 0.5mod.   However due to the shaft size on my motor I am having to run 48dp pinions.