• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TRAXXAS SPARTAN

tw2806

Always fancied a Spartan they look a mental bit of kit.  never had rc boats but had everything else.  Going to sell my axial yeti to pay for  one.  Any positives and negatives on the Spartan?

The electrics in my Slash and X-Maxx have put me off ever buying a spartan - Traxxas should just leave the electrics to somebody else. I'm looking at a Proboat Impulse myself, the local boating lake is in the open and can get a little choppy when the breeze picks up so i'm going for the mono hull.

Also, the spartan has a plastic hull - very difficult to repair while i believe the pro boats are fibreglass so can be patched up.

Post up some pics once you get one!

Edited by James1986
  • Like 1

Took it out for its first run today on 4s. Was good fun. I also bought the kids a vector 40 which was a bit slower than I thought it would be. Think I was rite getting the blackjack over the Spartan. It turns really well aswell

received_1274295119314933.jpeg

received_1274322965978815.jpeg

• Like 2

Beauty! I'm still tied between the Blackjack and Impulse - i'll have one by the summer fo sho! 

Happy with the quality? ProBoat stuff looks pretty solid.

• Like 1

Really good quality and happier I found the newer model wasn't keen on the wood internals on the v1 not heard as good things about the inpulse as the blackjack but I like the look of the impulse

• 3 months later...