• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

F1 2017

Voicon

Yeah,

Bring back the 3-litre V10's - FANTASTIC - 20k revs of course .... too expensive ....

How about a 21st century DFV - nobody complained about that for 15 years!!

Al.

Those appeared to be tyres actually wearing out and delaminating.

Bottas did a great job, stint 1, 31 laps and full fuel start, driving 'carefully fast', then went SS when light.

That arrogant Scarlet  got what he deserved - great viewing! Bring on Mad Max - occasionally!

Danni Ricc, aka 'The Shoe' drove another storming GP as well - definitely less boring than anticipated.

Toro Rossos not having a good innings - again!

Al.

Yep was a decent GP, both Ferraris with the same issue when at the beginning of the season they were going well with tyre wear, those upgrades must be working them harder.

Rumours are Joylon Palmer may be replaced by Sainz for Hungry, I know he was unlucky on the weekend but I don't think he's anywhere near the talent of a lot of the drivers in the grid, he seems to take a long time to get up to speed during the season.

Jolyon Palmer's had no luck this season - much you bring to the party yourself I suppose, which he hasn't.

I see my original post was partially edited - fair enough, but Vettel's got to change his approach - bit of honesty here and there is sometimes appreciated!

Al.

So we start making the cars look great again, wider, bigger tyres and then they approve the Halo, the ugliest thing I've seen on a F1 car in a long time.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10954446/f1-in-2018-halo-device-confirmed-by-fia-for-next-seasons-cars

• 2 weeks later...

Not the most exciting race today but Ferrari did the best job so deserved the 1-2.

Fair play to Lewis for giving back the place even though max was close behind.

There are some driver clashes creeping in, Ricciardo was seriously upset that max took him out on the second corner. Looks like the Hulk and KMag might come to blows soon, probably a good job there's a 4 week break now, Ocon and Perez aren't getting along, although I found it really funny Perez called Ocon an idiot for crashing in to him then did the same at the beginning of this race :)

Edited by Voicon

• 4 weeks later...

Going to be an interesting weekend.

POSSIBLY not going to rain again until after qualifying, but 14:00 could become 13:00 ..... and we are talking Spa!!

Sunday's supposed to be clear when I checked - again ... who knows, but certainly Saturday's rubber will be mainly washed off.

Al.

Should be good viewing - always gives 100%

Race was a bit processional today, no pace car, a few minor clashes, Force Indias almost OK ....

Singapore is supposed to be a Ferrari track ... we'll see.

Lewis took the boos OK today - it is the 'home of Ferrari'!!

Al.

It was sort of a procession, Ricciardo was awesome again though.

This penalty system for engine needs to change, nearly half the grid had penalties and the way they were applied not even people in the sport knew where some drivers would start on the day.

Also, looks like  McLaren will be with Renault next year and Honda will service Toro Rosso. Not sure how much of an improvement that will be for McLaren, I do think Renault will get their act together before Honda so it should be a smart move with Mercedes and Ferrari refusing to supply them.

On 05/09/2017 at 06:47, Voicon said:

Also, looks like  McLaren will be with Renault next year and Honda will service Toro Rosso. Not sure how much of an improvement that will be for McLaren, I do think Renault will get their act together before Honda so it should be a smart move with Mercedes and Ferrari refusing to supply them.

The dominoes have started to fall, Sainz has signed for Renault as part of the deal. The rest should be announced before or at Singapore. 

That's Palmer out of Renault, hulkenburg has a contract for next year, I don't see Palmer getting a drive next year, Toro Rosso will bring in one of their junior drivers to replace Sainz.

Rumours are Kvyat was out at the end of the season, not sure if this will change things.