• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

F1 2017

Voicon

About time we had something to liven the sport up!!

Does no one remember the days of Hunt? Senna - crashing into Prost?

F1 is all too clinical these days - where are all the characters.

26 minutes ago, Coops said:

Does no one remember the days of Hunt? Senna - crashing into Prost?

It was the last time F1 was worth watching. Ok, maybe that was a bit extreme but I miss 80s F1 when they had cool stuff like overtaking. 

• Like 2

I remember is being way bigger in the 80s. I think the additional races have caused a saturation. That and the TV rights are very restrictive. Sunday lunch, BBC1, F1 was at least for me a thing. I think the new owners at least show some promise.

• Like 1

Biggest problem is safety so they can't get away with all that Senna and the likes did, it is a different sport these days but hopefully now the old fossil has gone the new owners might have good ideas to liven it up :)

What, cage fights after the race to remove road rage?

Austria should be interesting - Lewis still aiming for Schuey's record at Silverstone!!

Were the Schuey on the other foot, I reckon Ferrari would be trying some 'games' to get Lewis banned a race ... Merc wouldn't do that 'though would they ..... ??

Al.

Not sure if Merc would but I think the Ferrari team elitist behaviour needs to be stopped, they are not interested in doing interviews unless forced, they don't provide any info to allow fans to see what's happeneing and this 100m they get is ridiculous, wouldn't happen in any other sport. They all need to be more like Red Bull.

whoever is in first place overall gets special treatment.  when redbull were doing well they were running wind tunnels 24/7 / and spending more money which was against the rules.  but they still got away with it.

Oooooh go all the Lewis fans.......

Ferrari will always be accused regardless of what they do but remember this, they gave us f1 and I personally think they both deserved a penalty. Lewis for brake checking and Seb for retaliating...

suppose its its a different story with bottas and Kimi? Ohh yeah it was unavoidable.... :whistling:

anyone remember Ron Dennis?

he could blame Ferrari if the weather changed and didn't suit him, when in fact they were copying Ferraris design.

anyway, im proud to be part of the Tifosi :good:

Lol, and where's the proof of that? Can the stewards see all the telemetry?

or could it be Mercedes being underhanded to get vettel and Ferrari because there not leading the championship?

who knows...... :good:

Quote from one of the stewards at an earlier race.

"We have access to 10 channels of telemetry for every car and all car radio traffic. We can see everything from speed to steering to g-forces to brake pressures to where a driver shifts gears. There is nowhere for drivers to hide any aspect of their performance."

Vettels mistake was in accelerating before Lewis who as the leader gets to choose when to accelerate. If It had just been the first collision it would just have been called a racing incident and no penalties for anyone. 

It's what Vettel did next that is the reason he's getting so much stick. There's no excuse for deliberately driving into,the side of another car. Vettel lost his temper simple as that.

Edited by johninderby

It does make me laugh how ferrari fans and hamilton haters just ignore the facts presented by the race stewards.

Vettel was too close and made a mistake. Why is that so hard to accept, oh yeah it's the closest they can get to justifying vettel's subsequent actions. 

Considering the fragility of F1 cars, even a slow speed bump could have caused a minor fracture in any number of components which, when stressed at 200mph+, could be catastrophic for anyone on or around the circuit. I wasn't sure at the time whether vettel meant to hit hamilton or not but no one seems to be arguing that now. Even ferrari just deflect questions by blaming hamilton for the first contact. It's pretty laughable how ferrari fans can get so defensive over their little red cars and drivers.

2 hours ago, Smoothybb said:

It does make me laugh how ferrari fans and hamilton haters. 

It's pretty laughable how ferrari fans can get so defensive over their little red cars and drivers.

Why not just name me instead of these comments? :whistling::rofl:

i did state they both should have had a penalty but if was as clear cut as the stewards deem it then fair do's, I guess vettel just wanted to be as close as possible for the restart.

the thing that is so laughable though is that anything and everything that Ferrari can get blamed for, they will. End of.

2 hours ago, big gaz said:

Why not just name me instead of these comments? :whistling::rofl:

i did state they both should have had a penalty but if was as clear cut as the stewards deem it then fair do's, I guess vettel just wanted to be as close as possible for the restart.

the thing that is so laughable though is that anything and everything that Ferrari can get blamed for, they will. End of.

Err, because I didnt mean u specifically, the same comments are all accross various F1 sites/threads that I've read. There has been a plethora of comments that Hamilton deserved it anyway, that Ferrari are just getting one back and I find it odd the amount of people clearly ignoring the facts just because they dislike Hamilton or love red.

I watch f1 for the racing. I dont care who wins provided I havent wasted 2hrs watching a boring procession.

I would put the blame for the initial contact firmly on the Ferrari pit wall. They failed to warn Vettel that due to the safety car pulling off just in front of Lewis he couldn't accelerate at that point otherwise he would have passed the safety car before it got off the track and would have been disqualified.  Mercedes did warn Lewis about the situation.

John 

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

I would put the blame for the initial contact firmly on the Ferrari pit wall. They failed to warn Vettel that due to the safety car pulling off just in front of Lewis he couldn't accelerate at that point otherwise he would have passed the safety car before it got off the track and would have been disqualified.  Mercedes did warn Lewis about the situation.

John 

Which highlights another problem with F1 these days - drivers being unwilling or unable to think for themselves, assess what is around them and then make a decision. It's done for them.

The sport has long since stopped being drivers racing, more of which team has the best pit strategy. Of course there are mitigating factors such as tyre performance which doesn't help.

4 hours ago, Coops said:

Which highlights another problem with F1 these days - drivers being unwilling or unable to think for themselves, assess what is around them and then make a decision. It's done for them.

The sport has long since stopped being drivers racing, more of which team has the best pit strategy. Of course there are mitigating factors such as tyre performance which doesn't help.

Ban open two way radio communication. Allow the team to only respond to requests to come into the pits as a yes or no. All other feedback to the driver should be banned unless it's for safety. 

Edited by mond

6 hours ago, mond said:

Ban open two way radio communication. Allow the team to only respond to requests to come into the pits as a yes or no. All other feedback to the driver should be banned unless it's for safety. 

These cars are so technical the drivers would struggle. If you want bear bone racing then go and watch a go kart race!!!!

17 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

These cars are so technical the drivers would struggle. If you want bear bone racing then go and watch a go kart race!!!!

That's it !!!! :D

Put em all in 800bhp go karts. Would probably lap as fast as an F1 car anyway.

John