• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Baja Kraken TSK-B Flux

.AJ.

Fitted the "Mildly quicker than before diff case" that went in with no issues, I found the diff to be completely empty, so that was filled up with 10k as recommended by OHO, I tried to fit the PCSC and it doesn't work with the HPI's Flux set up, the spur gear sits out to far and the pinion doesn't reach properly, so that's being sent back as the description on MS says it will fit, HPI's website says the opposite.... 

Weird. I ignore HPIs suggested collar and shim set up for the PCSC and got mine on....

I wonder if the fitted flux conversion kit differs to the previous, stand alone offering? 

I had a quick look at the parts numbers and the Flux has a different topshaft to the normal gasser and it appears to be shorter, so spur on the Flux version sits closer to the gearbox

Im not bothered really, MS have offered a full refund and will also pay the return postage 

Typical..... i sold a Losi 901T servo to H the other day and now the steering servo in this is playing up, oh well gives me a chance to try one of these out...

https://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/k-power-dm4000-servo-0.11-54kg.html

I would go for a Hitec D840WP, but I'm unsure if it will actually fit because the lower case is deeper than most 1/5 servos, I could take the one I have out of the 5ive and try it, but I can't be arsed tbh :lol: 

Abbots have stock, but I know that's a bit of a sore point and frankly don't blame you.

With regards to servos, I've honestly had more luck with KM than any other servo, I've run many of them in various things, with so far, only one failing.

Had more Savox, Hitec and HPI break tbh.

Be interesting to see how long those Vipers last with instant brushless power.

I was rather displeased with the life of mine, even with a stock engine.

41 minutes ago, Noj said:

Zero growth foams? 

If this is to me, then no, the whole point of buying them is for the fact they are a zero growth tyre... They still wore pretty quickly, I've had 3 sets now, one set was to try them when they were released, which stupidly, I used on pretty hard and sandy ground, so I blamed that for the wear, the others I bought second hand, so kinda blamed that for the wear 'maybe they were a bit more worn than I thought' but I have some brand new ones now which have only been used on quite thick grass and soft ground and they've worn pretty quick.

I also have some copy ones, which aren't a direct copy, but similar in style, shorter spikes though with more of them, they are 19quid a pair and haven't worn much at all, with more use, on the same hard sandy ground the Vipers wore badly on :lol:

In short, when they're totally worn, I'll switch to MX and Mini MX and won't be buying anymore.