• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kit help

onepastyman

I've only ever built Tamiya, Mardave, or Kyosho. I bought the rerelease Kyosho Beetle from the 80's beginning of this year and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of parts. It's mostly ali, but the finish on them is superb and the gearbox is so smooth - and all metal gears. It's an off-road car but not sure to what extent you'd want to bash it...?! It's one of my favourite RC's and I'd cringe at using it the same way I'd treat other rc's I own :crybaby: wheels are a little on the small side perhaps too for any real adventurous bashing..

What sort of kit would you prefer to end up with, rally, truck, something with larger wheels better suited for bashing? 

Edit - just had a quick browse searching for kits under £300, other than the torrent of Tamiya the only one which catches my eye is the Axial Yeti 1/10 Rock racer for £279

Edited by t2boats