• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help I've change my airfilter from a standard one to a cone filter now it won't start

Ironman123

How long did it run for ? check that one of the gaskets hasn`t slipped down blocking the inlet, easy to miss the gaskett hole with the bolt

2 hours ago, cookie666uk said:

Firstly, remove the new cone filter and throw it in the bin

Definiately agree with this they are useless. Was you diving it when it cut out.?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ironman123 said:

I've changed the filter on my truck from the standard one to a cone filter I've put the oil on that came with it but now it won't start well it did when I fired it up now it stopped and won't start any info would be appreciated

I've changed the filter on my truck from the standard one to a cone filter I've put the oil on that came with it but now it won't start well it did when I fired it up now it stopped and won't start any info would be appreciated

50 minutes ago, Ironman123 said:

I'll put my old filter on and see if it starts and if it does then it's the filter that blocked as I don't really fancy stripping carb down

Logical thinking there.

Also, don't be afraid to strip the carb down, getting comfortable with stripping parts like this will lead to less dithering and down time when it does have an issue

14 hours ago, cookie666uk said:

You can use gt85 on electrics, good for moisture displacement on circuits.

Although like wd40 (same company makes both) they contain a high amount of solvent, which can dissolve/ aid degradation for certain types or rubber.

I personally use dry Teflon based lubes, like these

product-dry-lube.pngh1.png

Most Teflon based dry lubes are best, as all they do is lube and contain significantly less solvents, they also don't attract dirt like wet stuff does

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Well it wont be The filter itself stopping it from starting, you've probably gone all "Jason Pollock " with the air filter oil and over oiled the filter, blocking the pores on the filter gauze and therefore starving the engine of oxygen

Big pluses on this one ;)