• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outback Ranger

t2boats

Seems you are well prepared,

Does anyone think we will ever stop fettling with our trucks, positive if FTX saw some of our cars they would not recognise them 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mamodman said:

Seems you are well prepared,

Does anyone think we will ever stop fettling with our trucks, positive if FTX saw some of our cars they would not recognise them 

Yeah plan was to get it all done then just fun fun fun and no worrying about puddles low rivers etc, would like some extra lights maybe on top of front bumper as i still plan to have fun / needs to be ok after rolling, also like the look of this shell https://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-2017-ford-f-150-raptor-clear-body/rc-car-products/403930 

• Like 1

Just now, just rolling said:

yes it is a good looking body, be good to see the 'Brat' and that body together 

1 minute ago, mamodman said:

yes it is a good looking body, be good to see the 'Brat' and that body together 

the brat also great, the same as the old mudblaster yeah? love the ford truck bodies, think its a bit narrow, 

• Like 1

Talking of fiddling with out trucks........... refitted the standard light kit today.......... in a slightly different position to original, wasn't sure to start with but quite like it now. 

Didnt want to chop up the tamiya body so this is the best I could come up. IMG_6567.thumb.JPG.860b2c64826f9cb103212626edfaea0b.JPGIMG_6568.thumb.JPG.198b5711d7c684dc53e42faad62ba059.JPG

• Like 2

Another hour done in the woods today, still impressing me with the climbing, still going strong and no breakage, woods has changed a lot to mostly leaves and bloody twigs

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mamodman said:

Good to hear - we've got rain and its forcast for a few days :crying:

Ah bugger, had few days dry up here but windy, not checked forecast. This should come today and pretty sure it will be a good fit, i currently have 1 on my traxxas stampede and looks like a cool old bigfoot style truck  https://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-1972-chevy-c10-body/rc-car-products/33453 , to be done in metalic blue

• Like 1

I know I've said it before but it is a lovely body, let me know how easy it is to fit, I'm trying to fit a trailer onto Ranger, then try it out 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mamodman said:

I know I've said it before but it is a lovely body, let me know how easy it is to fit, I'm trying to fit a trailer onto Ranger, then try it out 

all trimmed and marked up, should be ok, know better tomorrow when i get to paint the bugger and fully fit, should be all good

• Like 1

just rolling looks good :thumbsup:

Had the Ranger out to-day, boy it is easy to roll, got to put more weight down below - I'll put weight in wheels and on chassis, going to have to go with you all with  the new esc and radio, I had the Scout out with me and I could control it coming down even steep hills, so its back to the drawing board - going to have to read all these notes and order a pile of bits and pieces, it's a really good place smooth path for chair and good rough hills to climb - so looks like I'll be going back there, got stabbing pains in my wallet :crying:

• Like 2

I hear you on the painful wallet fred!

Just had my latest set of parts arrive for project outbrat today. Does it ever end????

great to hear you got out with your rig. I remember my rolly poley days! Shame the standard esc doesn't have a drag brake, would make them so much more controllable. 

• Like 2

Suffered my first failure today, a bloody twig pulled a wire out of front bumper light, no big deal, bloody twigs every where at moment. Seems maybe a bit of play between wheels, maybe plastic diff locker starting to wear? prob done 8 hours on truck so not too bad at all for the bloody price

It's a new diff I've had turn up for mine today! Started to wear the plastic out on mine! Sloppy wheels. 

Ive also had a pair of proper CVDs come for it, get rid of the dog bone set up on the front. 

Still need to get round to making my custom steering links too, the plastic on the standard bits is sooooo bendy. 

Edited by Wabom1981
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wabom1981 said:

Just had my latest set of parts arrive for project outbrat today. Does it ever end????

No!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, just rolling said:

bloody twigs every where at moment

Talking of twigs, I was in a hollow with the Scout half way up a twiggy slope - I know I should have been careful - and wheels going round forward and backwards when 2 chaps came along, the older one said you're stuck there mate I'll get it for you, some kind folk about, there was a twig about 1/2 inch thick jammed between front and rear axle, he said I've got a 1/5 petroi one, but nowhere to run it, told him I'd heard about the car park in B & Q over the weekend.so he's going over there

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mamodman said:

Talking of twigs, I was in a hollow with the Scout half way up a twiggy slope - I know I should have been careful - and wheels going round forward and backwards when 2 chaps came along, the older one said you're stuck there mate I'll get it for you, some kind folk about, there was a twig about 1/2 inch thick jammed between front and rear axle, he said I've got a 1/5 petroi one, but nowhere to run it, told him I'd heard about the car park in B & Q over the weekend.so he's going over there

yeah the bloody twigs get trapped everywhere, most the time i can just roll back then forwards again but 1 bugger pulled the light wire out

Been quiet for a while as just moved house. Anyway, today was my first go at Rc fun in ages. Just a quick run in the garage. Was fun. I am in the process of trying to build a course. 

• Like 3

Apologies to those that have seen these pictures already in the Facebook group. 

Ive completed the upgraded metal steering linkage!!

works a treat, don't think I'll be snapping or bending these bad boys!!IMG_6588.thumb.JPG.6bc2be83ff7ba0ce09cba2bbbad3079e.JPGIMG_6589.thumb.JPG.251dcef251dc88812f39c9add1fbfd4b.JPGIMG_6590.thumb.JPG.94db63698923f998d78e2c67429d3851.JPG

• Like 1