• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT24 Owners

johninderby

5 minutes ago, martin34 said:

Put away till Christmas?I am very tempted to order one.I had the position micro truggy and it was good fun(I still have it but can't find it lol)but this looks a steel compared to the position.Brushless and 2.4ghz.

It arrived today after I left for work, it'll be getting opened tonight. 

4hrs 22mins to go :D

• Like 1

Quicrun ESC and motor pinions arrived. Unfortunately forgot to order some small bullet connectors so the ESC installation will have to wait a day or two. However did  remove the motor and installed the 13T metal pinion which should last a bit longer than the stock plastic one. The motor mount is held by three screws from underneath. The screw near the pinion end fits through a bushed hole but the two screws at the back end of the motor fit through slotted holes allowing adjustment for different pinions.

John

GT24R-Pinion-1.jpg

GT24R-Pinion-2.jpg

Looks far better than the stock item....

2 or 3mm bullets for the motor?

Very easy rig to work on, magnetically charged screwdriver is a big plus for the screws....;)

Edited by Noj

Yes it is surprisingly easy to take apart and work on.  :thumbsup:  unlike most small scale RCs. 

If only I'd remembered to order the 3.5mm bullet connectors  :banghead:. They've been posted first class this morning so may arrive before Xmas day. Want to replace the plug used on the motor wires with proper bullet connectors. 

John

Edited by johninderby

3 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Losi micro shocks arrived. :36_11_12[1]:

They are a few mm shorter but being more substantial and adjustable ride height should remain about the same. Will fit them to the MT first.

John

GT24-LosiShocks.jpg

I hope the shocks work out, can't wait to hear how you get on.

I took the truggy out for it's maiden run today and I couldn't stop smiling :D  I bashed it around the back lane for a pack and then headed to the skatepark. Video to come shortly :)

4 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

I hope the shocks work out, can't wait to hear how you get on.

I took the truggy out for it's maiden run today and I couldn't stop smiling :D  I bashed it around the back lane for a pack and then headed to the skatepark. Video to come shortly :)

The MT is a lot of fun for bashing in a confined space so the truggy will be the same. Very high grin per £ ratio.  :D

John

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

great vid there, that skatepark looks to be ideal territory for it, smooth with open space and ramps.......... a skate park then..

nice to see some proper mods going on here too, unlike mine. received the body this morning and its too short. not by much but enough to look silly, wheels look too small too, nicely modeled body though, ill have to get a mini t now...

Losi shocks fitted. Went on with no trouble.Just had to drill out the upper mounting hole in the shocks slightly for the mounting screws. It does reduce the ride height by about 3mm though. No problem with the MT but could be a bit too much for the rally. Shocks are stiffer than stock so bottoming out shouldn't be a problem. No time for a test run though today though as I'm off out for the afternoon.

John

GT24-Shocks.jpg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

The stock 1s pack seems to lose it's punch way befote it hits lvc, if the Graphene packs are better then maybe that's the way to go.

They hold punch better...the temptation to full throttle the R continually is great, which doesn't help...:D

• Like 1

with the vw body not fitting (only just though, i may have a plan) I decided to do something to the chassis. I noticed that it had developed a noise from somewhere, so opened it up to have a look. I saw that the gears were dry so thought that must be it. Went on the hunt and found a decent small screwdriver (result!) and a bottle of ye olde singer sewing machine oil. A couple of drops shut the noise up and now i can undo the screws easily. 

P1050388.JPG

P1050389.JPG

I put three more packs through the truggy today, 1x 1s and 2x 2s and thought I'd share my thoughts.

1s in the limited space of my back lane was great fun, though maybe a little underpowered. 2s is crazy fast but on anything other than perfectly smooth tarmac it's just uncontrollable. Maybe better shocks would make it feel more planted but to be honest it took away all of the fun for me. The slipper doesn't like it either, it's squealing like a pig now.

After the second pack I went indoors and swapped out the 12t pinion for the included 14t one. Wow, what a difference! I now have the speed I wanted from 1s and 2s is just insane :D I want to try the 2 cell in the relative open space of the skatepark but I think the single cell Turnigy Graphene packs that Noj is running will be the to go for me.

Tomorrow I'll be heading to the skatepark, camera in hand ;)

• Like 1

Interesting..... 1s it has to be then. The R is so stable, turns in nicely. Had more grip on the drive yesterday so could exploit the handling a little more.  Never stopped grinning :D

Was looking at that bigger pinny and wondering.... It shall be fitted :good:

For note, the front bumper has been scraped and bashed quite hard, no splits or discernible wear, so it is staying. 

• Like 1

BlacksmithProducts came through with the small bullet connectors so I can now fit the Quicrun.  :D

As the rally is now going to be on 2s with the Quicrun at least I'll be able to program it for nice soft starts. With the stock system it tended to be a bit of a lottery as to which way it would head when starting off. :o Will be interesting to see what happens when I use the little 3s pack. Can you say out of control. :shockingscary:.

Going to keep the MT on 1s though with a 13T brass pinion gear. They were out of stock of the 14T. Was going to give the MT a test run this aft but it's not looking very good outside at the moment.

John

Edited by johninderby

3s will be bonkers, is there any risk of blowing something up? Im going to try the 14t on mine tomorrow, the sewing machine oil seems to have made thing free up quite a bit, it seems to have quicker acceleration, but that might be wishful thinking.

I had an idea for the VW body, but before i had a chance to try it another idea got in the way.

VodkaWagen Jelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:@.@:

Tomorrow will be interesting.......

P1050401.JPG

• Like 1