• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KING MOTOR X2 review

just rolling

It is loud even on tick over, those oils sound good, been out today and 2 tanks thru and all great fun. Go x2 and spend the money saving on upgrades to make it even better again than a losi

12 hours ago, kenny_st said:

Just rolling are you still using stock battery 

Yeah Kenny, stock battery and servos, steering servo went weird once then perfect and done about 10-15 tanks thru them

13 hours ago, Harris2258 said:

That's a good point as I spent £1000's on my losi , x2 comes with some good upgrades as standard 

U could either get the standard losi or x2 plus losi diff gears kill switch and zenoah g320 for about the same price ( and a spare 30.5 )

34 minutes ago, just rolling said:

U could either get the standard losi or x2 plus losi diff gears kill switch and zenoah g320 for about the same price ( and a spare 30.5 )

How goods that engine on the x2 just wondering why you put a G320 in it , I had a ported G340 in my losi and a tuned bartlone pipe. 

Sorry no pics or vids cos am too busy enjoying it when am out, standard engine is good but so much more power in the g320 as I like to slide it about out of corners like a real short course truck, just checking over and the front drive shaft is almost done with the pin going into the centre diff almost gone 

Edited by just rolling

15 minutes ago, just rolling said:

Sorry no pics or vids cos am too busy enjoying it when am out, standard engine is good but some much power in the g320 as I like to slide it about out of corners like a real short course truck, just checking over and the front drive shaft is almost done with the pin going into the centre diff almost gone 

Yeh I understand why you've changed it then. How long did your diffs last and what goes wrong with them , are they just cheap plastic and metal , still cheaper than genuine then. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kenny_st said:

whats your running time with the stock battery, only reason I'm asking mine lasted 17 mins fully charged

i normally do 2-3 tanks before i top it up, sounds like yours is well buggered

All 3 diffs were dead and also the clutch shoes and centre diff mounts and bloody centre diff case all within first 3 tanks including running in lol, i changed all the oil before i used it as well. No problems since i changed all 3 to alloy cases, nrp o rings, ddm gaskets and losi internals. Stock diff gears were absolutely freakin turd!

yeah the cheap ones off rcmodelz, about 20 each, not sure if they have metal gears in servos...probably but not sure

Edited by just rolling

4 hours ago, Harris2258 said:

Nice one cheers making my decision easier 

i used the cheap alloy diff cases off rcmodelz, nrp o rings...ddm gaskets plus losi internals from freeprawn racing, they still solid and no leaks

http://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/alloy-upgrade-parts/km-x2-and-losi-5ive-hop-up-parts/area-rc-alloy-one-piece-center-diff-housing-blue.html , thats the diff cases, i was just sick to death of the thing failing after i bought it and these were cheap enough so put them in when i got the gaskets etc

• Like 1

On 05/03/2017 at 08:40, just rolling said:

Going order mine this week and change diff before I run it , what's the clutch like I've heard there not so good ??

I get the fact people want to save a few quid, we all do, but I find this thread highly amusing.  everyone talking about only having to change this and that and the gears and other bits wearing out and and and.....

Buy a Losi 5ive.  They just work perfect out of the box.  The standard trucks are ready to run and enjoy.  The don't break.  They hold their value proportionately better.  Sure you're laying out a few quid extra at the start, but worth it in the long run!  

Just my 2p worth! :D 

• Like 3

kinda agree  I only went with the x2 as I needed two If I had to do it all again it would be a losi 5t and a second hand dbxl, in fact I'm looking at a dbxl the weekend that has had most of the upgrades already done, the amount of stuff I have bought for the x2s I would have 2 losi 5ts but with no upgrades.

the x2 are great when there working tho lol

Edited by kenny_st