• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pinion help please guys

onepastyman

Hiya guys. Just took the hyper st out for a little bash and same thing keeps happening. The pinion comes loose from the motor shaft. I use loctite blue thread lock but it keeps happening. Any suggestions from you knowledgeable people as to how to keep it fixed???

9 minutes ago, onepastyman said:

Hiya guys. Just took the hyper st out for a little bash and same thing keeps happening. The pinion comes loose from the motor shaft. I use loctite blue thread lock but it keeps happening. Any suggestions from you knowledgeable people as to how to keep it fixed???

Dremel a little notch into the shaft where the grub screw hits it, then blue loctite and leave 24hrs.  It shouldn't move then. 

As an addendum I've never needed to do this with any of my 1/8's - from 4S buggy's to 6S MT's with motors from 1400kv to 2650kv.

Is the pinion grub screw touching the flat part of the shaft? Sometimes different motor mounts and different pinion shapes results in the grub screw not lining up with the D of the shaft. If this is the case then file/dremel the shaft and always use threadlock. Sometimes filing the end of the grub screw flat may help, as will some are slightly tapered.

• Like 1