• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

16GB DDR3 RAM - G'Skill X 2133mhz

capri-boy

Bit niche, but you never know.

G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133mhz DDR3 4 x 4GB sticks

Bought by me new, for horrendous amounts of money, as my gaming rig needed a boost.  Unfortunately my mobo will not accept 4gb DIMMs (some did, hence was worth a try) so have sat in a drawer for a long time.  3 of the 4 sticks are used, in so far they've been in my rig (didn't work) then in the lads newer machine this week to check they all work (they do).  4th stick is completely unused (my rig used triple channel mem, ie 3 sticks).

Prices have dropped considerably, as expected, though knowing what happened with DDR2 when 3 came out they'll soon rocket up as supply diminishes.  Specs here:

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-17000cl11d-8gbxl

Looking at new prices I'd like £70 plus postage at cost, buyer to pay any fees.  Collection / local meet up welcome.  Open to offers if you think i'm out on price, or RC trades.  I would split them but only in pairs and at £40 a pair.

31039069452_3a5e72d773_k.jpg

31039080182_551751e8fe_k.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
36 minutes ago, Chris Curby said:

Hi buddy these still available??

Yes mate, had only daft offers elsewhere for them so was going to build a late spec rig for the kids with them if they didn't go eventually.

4 hours ago, Chris Curby said:

I have 8GB already but not ripjaw, would it matter if I stuck 2 in from you? Or would I have compatibility issues? If you know what I mean?

Mixing ram is ok, you may need to manually tell your mobo to run the ram at the slower of the speeds (if there different).  Always better to run matching sticks though - buy all 4 and sell your 8GB?

29 minutes ago, Chris Curby said:

How much you selling all 4 then? Oh and did you get the other bits I sent out?

£60 plus post any good?  They'll go as a small parcel RM so £4.  And yes, ty, found the envelope today - kids received it yesterday whilst I was at the track and stashed it!!

• 5 months later...