• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mydoddy's Tekno MT410

mydoddy69

9 minutes ago, AT06 said:

That does look really impressive. Think they both look solid.

Is the MT410 a bit of a wheelie machine? I prefer a more planted car that can wheelie but not every time I touch the throttle.

Also, do you know if the Mamba Monster ESC would fit, and if the 2650 or 2200 motor would be best?

Thanks for the help.

Motor wise the 2200 would be better 

Wheelie wise you can tune it to how you want but bigger tyres will add to the front end lifting as there's more rotating mass 

The mamba fits but it's tight space on these is limited 

• 1 month later...

No the guy backed out last minute still not run it yet either and looks like I won't be for a while as I'm back in hospital looking at major surgery this time :( 

11 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

No the guy backed out last minute still not run it yet either and looks like I won't be for a while as I'm back in hospital looking at major surgery this time :( 

:( Hope it all goes to plan. Are they both built up?

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Yep both built up 

As for the op couldn't have gone better thanks for asking 

I didn't think these Tekno s where your thing  though ? 

I will openly admit i was wrong. Initially i thought they were overpriced and the limited need for upgrades bored me. Then i added up what ive spent in the past on things (like my Stampede/emaxx/savages), they start to make sense. The more i read (and older i get) the more something you just buy and build ONCE is starting to appeal alot more than upgrading something to become something its not. 

I dont get much time for RC anymore, so the less time im waiting for parts to upgrade, the more i can use my rcs. 

My Hyper SSTe has genuinely impressed me. Ive got a 4074 motor to put in to get a bit more speed, but time will tell on its long time durability. 

My Xmaxx is getting there, its almost perfect, but that was mainly because i had alot of stuff from my V1. Its got alot of upgrades. 

My K&N DBXL is box stock with a pipe and a kill switch. Making that faster (its slow in comparsion) requires upgrades/a lottery win.

My 29cc DBXL to be fair is great, but I only really bought that cause I knew I could sell it on easily and lose no money. Its perfectly useable and is an ideal big rig. But making it 'mint' isnt going to happen.

Where as buy a Tekno, invest in decent electrics and an alloy servo horn, use it?

Edited by Guns
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I still love modding / tinkering but with two little ones, work, other hobbies, the appeal of a Tekno is strong, something well engineered from the get go, requires few if any upgrades, and comes as a kit.  Hmmm, I definitely see one on my radar in the future, just need to decide which one, and sell a few bits n pieces first...!!!

• Like 1

I think ill free some trucks up, pay some of the wedding off and then pick up an MT410.

I'll probably buy Truggy  Proline Badlands for my Hyper SSTe next weekend, as it needs them imo. IF IT doesn't turn out to be great, I could sell it on, maybe with my DBXL (or both) and a few other things. l have a 4074 motor, a 20kg Servo, Futaba RX, Lipo's and a 150A ESC. All Ill need is a bodyshell for now. I can then upgrade the ESC/Servo here and there and when I have some spare money. 

That way Id have paid a bit of the wedding and be left with an X Maxx and a MT410 which will both hopefully run on the same Lipos, with the same TX and Charger. Thats not a bad stable, and would potentially free up some funds too?

That sounds like it would work.  I've got 4 rigs at the moment, but if anything that's 1 or 2 too many really...  Can only drive one at a time, though I think having 2 or 3 quite different trucks means you can be more enthusiastic about each one, and of course, if one goes kaput you have another rig to use while you're waiting for parts / repair.

I really like the MT410 too, though I also like the idea of an SCT410 or an ET48...  I have a spare 4274 2200kv can and 20kg power hd servo, so the pain shouldn't be quite so bad...

3 hours ago, Guns said:

Thing is my Hyper sste is actually impressing me. It has a 150a esc, 4074 motor and 20kg servo. I think im gonna buy some Badlands tomorrow so Id only need a shell and the chassis

I got some badlands knocking about but I'm in hospital at the minute so I can't check for a a while ..

As for the mt410 great rig but lipo space is limited those turnigy hard case you have should fit though but the zippys wont :( 

7 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I got some badlands knocking about but I'm in hospital at the minute so I can't check for a a while ..

As for the mt410 great rig but lipo space is limited those turnigy hard case you have should fit though but the zippys wont :( 

Ive just this second killed a Turnigy 20c. Looking at switching to twin 2s ones for the Hyper, but struggling to work out how you do the cables on 2 hardcase ones?

Yea i get the series connection, but if i stack two hardcase 2s lipos, how do i get the leads into the bottom one? 

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-ultimate-6600mah-2s2p-90c-hardcase-lipo-pack-roar-brca-approved.html

theres no hole in the bottom for a double ended male  bullet for example.

22 minutes ago, Deafty said:

Normally u stack em on their sides and loop a connector lead around to the other side.  If a 4s can sit flat the height of a 2s on it's side should also fit. ?

There are options though.

I thought that, but couldnt see how youd get a bullet into the bottom terminal as itd be in the tray?

3 minutes ago, Deafty said:

not even a low profile bullet?

SUppose you could trim the tray, but its pretty much the exact same width as two. Went for a pair with wires like this in the end:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-5200mah-2s-30c-hard-case-car-lipo-pack-roar-approved.html

can slide the esc over slightly

lol it's easy you stack them on top of each other the bottom sits in the tray the top one sits forward exposing all 4 terminals .. make up a loop 4mm bullet to 4mm attach this to the bottom positive and the upper negative then use a normal 2s hard case lead for the remaining connections 

12 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

lol it's easy you stack them on top of each other the bottom sits in the tray the top one sits forward exposing all 4 terminals .. make up a loop 4mm bullet to 4mm attach this to the bottom positive and the upper negative then use a normal 2s hard case lead for the remaining connections 

Thinking about it, sure the battery box has a ledge to sit one lipo forward. Hmmm

• Like 1