• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mydoddy's Tekno MT410

mydoddy69

1 hour ago, Skinso said:

If your thinking about using T-Bone for anything check RC mart for them, I got hit with £25 custom charges for $50 parts

Yeah I give up using T-bone for a simple rear wheelie bar it was £50 :o

24 minutes ago, Guns said:

Savage Fluc wheel? I like it!

Yep I found one in my spares bin just need another now for the other one ;) 

4 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Yes going direct including import fees etc 

I've got hammered with customs lately, I'm buying no more from the states I'll stick to China with no fee's

3 minutes ago, Skinso said:

I've got hammered with customs lately, I'm buying no more from the states I'll stick to China with no fee's

Seemed to me that once you've had a few things through free you get put on a hit list and never get owt through without charge ever again :(

• Like 2

fyi: there are red flags and if u have one (or think u do) u do.  I was on a watch list for 12 months after I initiated a misconduct claim against them :lol:

Sender addresses can also be flagged like Tbone racing etc..  I may have shot myself in the foot but I learnt many lessons from it.  Then I changed addresses and voila.  just thought I'd share.  this info should stay valid until u lot leave the eu,

1 hour ago, vettehigh said:

What is the diameter of the shock spring (front/rear)?  Just the springs itself....Thanks

Im in hospital at the moment fella so you might be better off asking elsewhere but when I get home I'll post the info up for you ;) 

Thank you Sir...

Is getting the TKR5298 Universal Driveshaft Set worth it? Think you need TKRBB08165 Ball Bearings (8x16x5, 4pcs) too...

Does the Uni Driveshaft Set include 2 or 4 total pieces? 

Getting the MT410 next week and looking for the "must" have upgrades?

Edited by vettehigh

24 minutes ago, mond said:

From what i've read, the only point to the universals is they last longer than the CVDs but they aren't rebuild-able. 

Just spoke with Tekno, these are not needed. Just going with the alum servo horn and steel spur gear for upgrades. As for body mount posts, I was looking into Pro-Line Racing 6272-00 Extended Front/Rear Body Mounts...are these a good fit?

Edited by vettehigh

I use the proline ones I found the stock ones to be a little loose, upgrades yep I did the servo horn and have the spur ready in case I strip out the plastic one I also went with a Losi diff cup and gears for the centre but haven't test fitted yet. 

17 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

So, can anyone confirm the best (cheapest) place to buy one of these from?

Considering my negativity when it was released, they're growing on me.

It's this vs the Losi XXL2e at the moment.

Tbh there was no negativity other than the price. With wheels/tyres/shell its nearly XXL2e without electrics.  Dont think theres any unhappy owners but heres where to buy them.

https://www.rprcdistribution.com/eb48-3/mt410-1-10th-electric-4-4-pro-monster-truck-kit

Edited by Guns

8 minutes ago, Guns said:

Tbh there was no negativity other than the price. With wheels/tyres/shell its nearly XXL2e without electrics.  Dont think theres any unhappy owners but heres where to buy them.

https://www.rprcdistribution.com/eb48-3/mt410-1-10th-electric-4-4-pro-monster-truck-kit

Cheers for the link, that's £35 cheaper than where I found them.

But yeah, after adding up everything else needed, for some reason I thought it did actually come with wheels and tyres... It very quickly becomes a £700 truck, which seems quite high for what it is.

Think I'll give that one a miss actually.

2 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Cheers for the link, that's £35 cheaper than where I found them.

But yeah, after adding up everything else needed, for some reason I thought it did actually come with wheels and tyres... It very quickly becomes a £700 truck, which seems quite high for what it is.

Think I'll give that one a miss actually.

Im not 100% it DONT come with with wheels and tyres, just sure Mydoddy added them to his list. 

XXL2e is hard to beat right now. I do like the Savage Flux XL if they had changed a few more things

1 minute ago, Guns said:

Im not 100% it DONT come with with wheels and tyres, just sure Mydoddy added them to his list. 

XXL2e is hard to beat right now. I do like the Savage Flux XL if they had changed a few more things

I checked and it doesn't bud, you're right.

It is very hard to beat actually, especially given it comes with a 2200kv motor for a bit more pep for those who are limited to 4s and a top spec receiver, primed and ready to sell for those who don't want AVC.

My personal belief is that RTR's will never be the quality as higher end kits....being in the home entertainment business, I always laugh when I hear the word "Bose".  Complete setups involve many components to get it where it needs to be and I have never seen a ready system of high quality.  Feel the same way about RC/MT's

41 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I checked and it doesn't bud, you're right.

It is very hard to beat actually, especially given it comes with a 2200kv motor for a bit more pep for those who are limited to 4s and a top spec receiver, primed and ready to sell for those who don't want AVC.

The ESC is a bit of a kop out at 90a, but thats not a massive issue

Just now, Guns said:

The ESC is a bit of a kop out at 90a, but thats not a massive issue

I agree and disagree, yes 90a does sound underwhelming, but even on 4s the videos of stock trucks seems absolutely fine and people are running it on 6s with no problems.

If you compare to say a Castle 8th scale system that loooove to smoke on 6s because they can't really handle it, the amps slowly start to matter less, IMO anyway.

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

I agree and disagree, yes 90a does sound underwhelming, but even on 4s the videos of stock trucks seems absolutely fine and people are running it on 6s with no problems.

If you compare to say a Castle 8th scale system that loooove to smoke on 6s because they can't really handle it, the amps slowly start to matter less, IMO anyway.

I've had the xxl2e motor and esc are okay shame the rest is a pile of crap ! Slipper diffs and outdrives are all weak points even on 4s I found parts support isn't great either personally I'd look elsewhere but hey it's your money ;)