• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Micro Racing Plymouth - Carisma GTBs

RCMonkee

Micro Racing in Plymouth on Thursday Nights along with 1/10 buggy's too. 

Doors open from 6.30 and racing from 7.15ish

Relaxed friendly atmosphere, all welcome. Hot and cold drinks/snacks available.

https://www.facebook.com/EurotecRCArenaPlymouth/

6.jpg

track.jpg

track2.jpg

Edited by RCMonkee

Fun track last night, no huge jumps but it did flow really well and was fun too drive. Finally got a nice Table top corner down with some carpet, a 'Slingshot' style banked corner and drift inspired lino corner just to catch you out!
Good turn out with the tenths and micro's so thanks for coming and see you next week. 

track1_zpsgmtrm16w.jpg
track3_zpsbx7ahxbr.jpg
track2_zpsoulxuik2.jpg
track4_zpsmcufmhfw.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2016 at 17:29, capri-boy said:

:thumbsup:

Compared to the 1:10 track I run on that looks tight.  Are the new sensored set ups taking off yet with the GTB's?

I run the new sensored Carisma 5350kv motor in mine along with a sensored Hobbywing 60amp Quickrun esc and the setup is very very good! I ran the Leopard 5800kv motor before and that was good but the new sensored setup is much better. It feels effortless in the way it delivers the power, its incredibly smooth.

Yeah we have limited space to really spread out where we race so we try and make it work for the micros and the 10th. Your be surprised how well the 10th go round it though. We should actually try mixing the classes one night :D

Just a few random pictures, i will spend more time uploading some more on Friday :). We can pretty much build any layout we want, i'm still pushing for a fire pit one night :lol:

Like what RCMonkee has said. We race every Thursday evening so if there's anyone in or around Plymouth that has a 10th buggy or a micro them come along down!

15179057_576020372590789_756171957345353

14993536_570866773106149_783876227734760

15027439_570866639772829_853639979557100

14947838_570866429772850_164558317879289

13413790_505951536264340_600408796124152

• Like 1

Here's a vid of some A final micro action. We run 5 min heats and 6 min finals with bump ups :D. This was last night's layout that we built, it flowed really really well. The race starts around 1 min 40 if you want to skip.

I have a couple of other vids that i'm uploading so will post them here too :D

Edited by MattyV6

Alright everyone, here's an update on our micro racing :D. Below are a few pics and a vid of last Thursday's A final :)

WE ALSO HAVE A CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR RACE NIGHT ON THIS MONTH. DECEMBER 29TH, PUT THAT IN YOUR DIARY!

https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Indoor-RC-262447823948047/

15355830_584112231781603_690572060033936

15439706_584112058448287_724587055797978

15380537_584112155114944_602600461343243

15350568_584112015114958_168083634541782

He struggles with that controller though ^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1

We have created an event for the race night that falls between Christmas and New Year, Thursday the 29th December.

Basically the idea is to run a more relaxed night with an earlier setup, slightly earlier start and a slightly later finish. We will also run an extra round, maybe 2 if time is on our side :) .  It's also a good chance for anyone who has been thinking about coming to race with us to come up.

The layout will be epic, fast, flowing and totally sweet!! Both Micro and 10th 2wd/4wd buggies are welcome up.

Here's the event details :D

https://www.facebook.com/events/393026844362941/

15403690_584305311762295_599845087433456

Edited by MattyV6

Micro A final from Thursday 16th Dec.

Check out the new kicker jump!! We ran the table top in the middle of the track this week. It worked really well.

Next weeks layout features a bigggggggggggggggggg jump/tabletop/landing all on the straight :D:D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/01/2017 at 16:16, monkeyboy_uk said:

I've just bought a used GTB, never raced before. Only been bashing for the last year so thought I would give racing a go.

The servo mount disintegrated on me though, it's one of the thumbs designs ones. When the new one turns up I will pop down.

Do Eurotec have a good day for practice?

Hi Monkeyboy_uk

Be good to have another GTB join us at the track. You are welcome to come down on Thursday when we race the GTB's and 1/10. We have a few people that have just started coming that have not raced before and they love it. 
I would suggest coming down on Thursday to check it out, have a chat with the other guys. We might be able to sort your car out too so bring it along even if you have not fixed it. Some decent servo tape will do the job.

Friday nights is an open night so if you just wanted to come down and have a practice, do some some laps etc but there will not be any jumps or anything like on Thursday nights and i doubt any other GTB's

Oh and the first visit to the track is FREE :) 

See you Thursday hopefully

On 14/01/2017 at 16:16, monkeyboy_uk said:

I've just bought a used GTB, never raced before. Only been bashing for the last year so thought I would give racing a go.

The servo mount disintegrated on me though, it's one of the thumbs designs ones. When the new one turns up I will pop down.

Do Eurotec have a good day for practice?

Basically what RCMonkee says. Pop up on a Thursday and bring your car with you. The Thumbs servo mounts are really good but are printed so seem to be a bit weaker then others and after time start to crack/split.

Our 10th and Micro race night is on a Thursday and doors open around 5.30/6 with racing starting by 7.30 :)

Edited by MattyV6

Sounds good. I have figured out the issue with the servo mounts.  It seems that the ESC is a bit too big to allow the thumbs mounts to go in their normal place. They have been shoe horned in with the wrong screws and then split.

There's a Hobbywing 10BL60 in the car at the moment. I guess I will need a smaller ESC.

Do any of you use the thumbs designs mounts and what ESCs do you use?

Once I get this sorted i'll be down.

19 hours ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

Sounds good. I have figured out the issue with the servo mounts.  It seems that the ESC is a bit too big to allow the thumbs mounts to go in their normal place. They have been shoe horned in with the wrong screws and then split.

There's a Hobbywing 10BL60 in the car at the moment. I guess I will need a smaller ESC.

Do any of you use the thumbs designs mounts and what ESCs do you use?

Once I get this sorted i'll be down.

Ah yeah that can happen, also if the screws are too wide, this weakens the mounts too. I use some short thing screws and the mounts do hold fine. Is the ESC that you run sensored? is it the one like in the link below? If it is i run the same esc with the thumbs design mounts. It is tight but it all fits in ok, you just need to be creative on what way round it all goes lol. I'll get a picture of mine for you.

You don't need a different esc, it will all fit in :D

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/264634/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAh4fEBRCZhriIjLfArrQBEiQArzzDAQdxK8OvaYc9fkvOc0hZagLzKxmriAjb__FrmtOJQpoaApeZ8P8HAQ

5 hours ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

Yeah that's the exact one I have.

A picture would be great. I've scratched my head thinking about how to get it to fit.

Ok so yeah it will deffo fit. I'll get a picture of mine for you.

Also while I remember, do you have the servo mounts in the normal position or is one in the normal and one in the flipped round position. Your need to flip the mount round onto the other side of the servo fixing points to get the esc to fit better, if you've not done this your need to drill a small hole in the chassis to fix the Thumbs mount to. The esc fits in with the sensor port facing the servo.

I'll get a picture, it will be easier lol

Yeah thats the way you want to mount it :), that's spot on! You can push the esc under the top deck a little more or is your servo mount stopping it? It will go under a bit more if you wanted it too.

I've not had a chance to get a picture of mine close up but here's a recent one that shows it from a fairly decent angle. I'll get a better one tomorrow.

Also, as your esc is sensored you should get a Carisma sensored motor fitted in there. The way the power is put down is just so so smooth :D

16231211_1814563365475512_1426298875_o.jpg?oh=1fd657edfb1eb972cc3116e7f0142bdc&oe=588664A0

I tried to get the ESC in closer but the servo mount stops it. I think that is the best I'm going to get. The screw heads get in the way.

Just got to tidy the antenna cable and I'm sorted for nextdoor week.

It's running the carisma 5700kv. Seems pretty powerful although have never run the car so will see. I think I will get killed if I spend any more lol. Will stick with what I have for the minute.

Another picture would be good. I can only think that I would need different screws to get the ESC more flush. I don't think it is too bad though.

Thanks for your help

Edited by monkeyboy_uk

On 21/01/2017 at 23:24, monkeyboy_uk said:

Hang on, I think I've been a numpty.

I put the ESC the wrong way. I had the sensor port facing the motor and not the servo.

Swapped it round now, far better. Doh, if only I could read lol!

Sits flush now, much neater.

Haha cool. Looks ready to go! The 5700kv motor will be fine. Plenty of speed for our little indoor track. The carpet is grippy, especially with the White rally block tyres.

We had another guy turn up for his first time racing last week and he enjoyed himself so hopefully you will both be up this week :)

Should be someone there from about 6pm.

cheers