• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XRAY XT2 Stadium Truck

53HRA

Being XRAY / Hudy I knew the specs would be stratospheric, and they seem to be.

For general 'bashing' this could / should not really be considered - it would be a waste of a racer I believe.

Does this mean they've limited their potential market?

Al.

Me likey muchly, been on the lookout for a 1/10 Stadium Truck racer to bash for a while, ticks a good few boxes :)

Racers make perfect bashers imo, they're more fun to drive because of the track tuned suspension, and are generally more durable than 'bash spec' rigs.

I used to abuse my TLR 22 2.0 at skate parks, and never broke anything. And I'm far from kind to my Tekno NT48 either - but that's built like a tank anyway lol

If anyone raced ST's in this country this would dominate - but they don't so its irrelevant. As a basher, its not as good as a Firestorm - its designed with a very forwards weight distribution to get the maximum cornering potential on a high grip racing track with soft sticky racing tyres. Unfortunately thats the wrong layout for hacking about in the woods with some worn out Badlands on. The design of 'traditional' ST's, whilst nowhere near as good on the track offers much more rear end grip which means its easier to drive on hard or worn tyres and low grip surfaces. 

Don't get me wrong - racers can be good bashers and I too have taken race cars to the skate park - but only because I have a vast supply of 'too worn to race but still vaguely usable' sets of Yellow minispikes I can afford to kill in a single session. 

• Like 1