• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my hyper st pro.......

evssv

23 minutes ago, locky said:

Have Trenchers, Mashers and Big Joes, with Mashers being my favourite. Tried Badlands on other cars and they have too much grip for me, I like a loose rear!

forgot about the trenchers, had them on my hyper 10tt and they were great!

3 hours ago, evssv said:

rc8t hubs fitted.

How much wider do the RC8t hubs make it?

Is that a 18T or 19T pinion? My motor mount wont allow pinions bigger than 16T, even then the motor can start to get hot at end of session on grass.

1 hour ago, locky said:

How much wider do the RC8t hubs make it?

Is that a 18T or 19T pinion? My motor mount wont allow pinions bigger than 16T, even then the motor can start to get hot at end of session on grass.

17th for now. ..i ran 19th on my first st...

20161013_154234_zpsqhaewscu.jpg 

Stock  pro hub is 5mm. 20161013_154320_zpsqg1clkii.jpg

...rc8t is 20mm...so extra 15mm...but this depends on ur rim  offset 

Edited by evssv

My little  nail varnish  marking trick ..paint raised bolt heads 20161013_143717_zpsttfidbt5.jpg..drop card on for few  seconds 20161013_143741_zps9cqeobxc.jpgnow u have imprint 20161013_144011_zps1d7ku7oa.jpg. .stick on t bones ...mark centers 20161013_145222_zpsqsay8vwi.jpgcounter  sink holes. . 20161013_153020_zpse6daduol.jpgjob done. ....:D..and no import tax either..

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, froggy8 said:

forgot about the trenchers, had them on my hyper 10tt and they were great!

Got trenchers on me s-mt4g3.....and mashers on me savvy5.2:good:....damn..thats about 300odd quids worth of rims/tyres alone :rolleyes:

Edited by evssv

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, evssv said:

I thk there hyper ss ones....turok wil know as I got em off him....:good:

4 hours ago, evssv said:

cheers dude...:good:..still waiting on a servo...I picked up a savox 1256tg off max bashing for 20 delivered last night...:D

A very Nice clean ST Pro.

They do indeed look like the SS ones.  And most annoyed you beat me to the Savox!  I'm assuming it was Grant's?

Fwiw I loved bashing my ST Pro, the only place it didn't feel right was on the track - side by side my Hong Nor X1 was much better (though it's far from standard).  Watch for your front shafts popping out of the cups - happened to mine and others when using Hong Nor big bores, hopefully the SS one's will be fine.  I ran Badlands on mine often and didn't find them too grippy - just the annoyance of ballooning like crazy above 4S - the stock tyres are pretty good, and being the Pro the original buyer will have mounted them however I don't know any racers who belt tyres.