• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas "Bigfoot" monster - 1/10-scale

rushboy2004

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

Just get a 'good used' Stampede then.

Must be plenty around.

Parts are relatively cheap.

Save the extra paid for the Bigfoot if not interested in it, really ....

Al.

I want a Bigfoot, my mum n dad took me to see it when I was 4/5 in the 90s, I was gutted it wasn't at Monster Jam when I went in Cardiff. Its part of my motoring childhood, like my poster of a purple Lamborghini Diablo SV, but this thread suggested they would be worth a lot in the future which I doubt hence saving the 'special' parts. 

It appears only the 30th Anniversary Grave Digger body is the only rare and expensive one, so ill just convert it to brushless :)

itll be here Tuesday to send off to Santa...

Edited by Guns

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

The shells are selling for about $120 in auctions, no ones buying those Buy It Nows. Incould put my x Maxx on eBay for £1500 buy it now. Dont make it worth £1500. 

That Bigger Axial body would be perfect for a Stampede with ProTrac and an extended chassis

I agree it's over priced, but it's the customers who've drove up the price, and if someone's willing to pay it....

Cant really blame Traxxas for not renewing the contract, they deemed it to not make financial sense, and they obviously know their business.

That's it with my lad.

He enjoys it, and has fun driving it.

That it's Grave Digger is better.

The 'normal' body has headlamps.

The purple one has eyes and lamps.

He's scuffed the purple, but scraped the 'normal' one a little more.

Doesn't use it much, but it sort of puts you off simply letting your lad enjoy himself - of course he's going to 'total' it one day, then what ...

If it's really 'hobby grade' I should simply be able to get onto the internet and get fairly priced replacements, not 5x list - stuff that!

Looks like everyone has to start with 'disposable Chinese crap' with no licence actual copies or sort-of-looks-like ones.

Al.

31 minutes ago, johninderby said:

If I got one I'd be afraid to run it in case I damaged it. It's not the cost of the parts but rather being able to get ANY replacement part needed. :crying:

John

Its only the shell really. The other parts are extremely cheap as all it is a Stampede 2wd. It appears all the blue plastics/wheels/tyres are avaliable easily and cheaper.

Its probably one of the easiest and cheapest cars to obtain spares for, other than the limited editon shells/box

And theres nothing to suggest the Bigfoot will go on to be rare and over priced like the Grave Digger. ID be surprised.

Either way its only £15 more than the XL5 and its a "cool" present for Xmas :)

13 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

That's it with my lad.

He enjoys it, and has fun driving it.

That it's Grave Digger is better.

The 'normal' body has headlamps.

The purple one has eyes and lamps.

He's scuffed the purple, but scraped the 'normal' one a little more.

Doesn't use it much, but it sort of puts you off simply letting your lad enjoy himself - of course he's going to 'total' it one day, then what ...

If it's really 'hobby grade' I should simply be able to get onto the internet and get fairly priced replacements, not 5x list - stuff that!

Looks like everyone has to start with 'disposable Chinese crap' with no licence actual copies or sort-of-looks-like ones.

Al.

Cant you just stick a normal Pede shell on it or is it the fact its "Gravedigger" to your son?

It's always retrospective isn't it!!

Bodies aren't bad at all - purple one you'd have to know where to look, but it's being kept as indicated by John, for show.

Same story with my Raminator. It's on it's 5th body now, but that was purchased just as it was finishing production and I never thought to buy 2 or 3 more ... impossible anywhere.

Raptor feathers are easier to find!!

Al.

GD body definitely adds character to the bashable chassis.

A 'normal Stampede' body would work, but wouldn't be the same.

I could get a TBG Spiderman body and get that painted - 'though that would definitely be show only!!

Al.

Whilst I can sort of see your point, and I had the same trouble with an RB ONE R, that said I knew the reprocussions of that when I bought the kit... Its not like there ISNT a single bodyshell avaliable for your Raminator or the Grave digger. There are 100s of different ones avaliable that will fit, so its not like you cant run, you have alot of options, its just not your top choice. You could put a Proline Losi body on your Raminator, and there is even a very similar Skully shell avaliable for your Stampede, on top of all the other options.

Its not like you cant buy a differential that has broken, and is rendering the car useless, you do have literally 100s of options, even if they arent your first choice;.

The Proline Ram shells are much narrower - don't look right - 40-50 mm narrower actually, and twin cab.

Once I 'get an image', it must be that ...

The Short Course one would be brilliant, if it didn't have a wheel well at the back!

Sort of part of the hobby.

There are alternative shells which would look great - agreed - Raptor (again) springs to mind.

I just want, NEED that look.

I suppose it's a bit of a similar thing with the GD.

My lad's not as 'complicated' as I am.

I suppose I could even get a cheap 'bashing shell', then store / show with the GD shells - way forward.

Al.

Bigfoot shell at the moment and for possibly the near future shouldn't be an issue, but I guess thats what the guys thought who bought a Grave Digger.

I'm very loyal to the Stampede, IVe had alot of the years, and was toying with converting an XL5 to VXL few months back, the Mrs asked what I wanted for Xmas and I didnt really want anything so I asked for that. IF It was for example £50-100 more than a normal XL5 I wouldnt have bothered but for £15.... I do kinda prefer the standard XL5 Talons however.