• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone bash in Northants/MK AND amenable to meeting up!

Arif

Hi Collective!

So I'm going down the non-Private Messaging route, as that's proving to be rather hit-&-miss in terms of finding those actually up for meeting.

I don't do anything heavy duty - just general blatting about, mainly grass or woods for the DBXL.  I'm not into 'air' as such, and am averse to doing stuff which will blatantly break the things! Hence no more high-speed antics in car parks.

I have a Losi 5iveT, and a DBXL. The former I use in large short-grass fields, and the latter in woods or anywhere interesting for it - and am still discovering where it works best. I tend to end up full throttle a fair bit when running the 5ive, but the DBXL is used in a more considered manner for more technical stuff - e.g. negotiating logs or deep trenches where axle articulation is fully deployed. So side-slopes, too.  I do also like to have it blatting about with wheels spinning - which in woods or a loose surface is fantastic fun.

I'm often free in the weekdays with not too much notice.

I don't do Facebook - so appreciate that this counts me out of a lot of things - but I really don't have brain-space for social media.

I certainly will look to attend Bashfest - but really my main thing is to meet fellow and relatively local petrolheads, for ongoing contact and random bashing sessions!

I consider anything caught by Junctions 16 through to 12 of the M1 as 'local'. Also, of a Saturday, I'm in Ruislip - and can travel then too. North London works well - but it seems the main session occurs early enough of a Sunday morning (not so workable for me).

So there you have it - reaching out!!

Arif (ZERO 7968 725 ZERO99 - text or Whatsapp any time)

Edited by Arif

you'll defo find all the above at bashfest. There's a fair few locals too, most of which are part of northants rc (bashing group).

i believe they have their own private rc track too with regular meets.

Hi guys!

Yup no worries - I'll make it a point to make it on some of those Sundays. It's the day allocated normally to visiting the in-law's, which we do weekly - so will juggle the diary with the Mrs and ensure that I can join in on some Sundays.

Plus Bashfest, of course.

Arif

18 hours ago, jayfrs said:

I am from Milton Keynes mate and my mate on here also is I have dbxl brushless, he has Losi 5t, do u know where knowlhill is in Milton Keynes? There is a bash meet there on Sunday from 9am 

Hey buddy!  That sounds right up my street! I've just been out & about in woodlands with lots of ditches (Thetford Forest, as it happens) - and this thing (the DBXL) is right at home doing what I call close-quarter skirmishing.  So anything like a woodland meet/location sounds great. Do PM me with mobile number if that can work for you (or text me - number in first post), as I tend to find texting the best way to maintain contact - I only really come on here when thumb-twiddling.

• 11 months later...
On 10/08/2016 at 23:55, Arif said:

Hi Collective!

So I'm going down the non-Private Messaging route, as that's proving to be rather hit-&-miss in terms of finding those actually up for meeting.

I don't do anything heavy duty - just general blatting about, mainly grass or woods for the DBXL.  I'm not into 'air' as such, and am averse to doing stuff which will blatantly break the things! Hence no more high-speed antics in car parks.

I have a Losi 5iveT, and a DBXL. The former I use in large short-grass fields, and the latter in woods or anywhere interesting for it - and am still discovering where it works best. I tend to end up full throttle a fair bit when running the 5ive, but the DBXL is used in a more considered manner for more technical stuff - e.g. negotiating logs or deep trenches where axle articulation is fully deployed. So side-slopes, too.  I do also like to have it blatting about with wheels spinning - which in woods or a loose surface is fantastic fun.

I'm often free in the weekdays with not too much notice.

I don't do Facebook - so appreciate that this counts me out of a lot of things - but I really don't have brain-space for social media.

I certainly will look to attend Bashfest - but really my main thing is to meet fellow and relatively local petrolheads, for ongoing contact and random bashing sessions!

I consider anything caught by Junctions 16 through to 12 of the M1 as 'local'. Also, of a Saturday, I'm in Ruislip - and can travel then too. North London works well - but it seems the main session occurs early enough of a Sunday morning (not so workable for me).

So there you have it - reaching out!!

Arif (ZERO 7968 725 ZERO99 - text or Whatsapp any time)

I'm 5 mins from junc 13, must be loads of places about here but I need to find them for my brand new Marder! 

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the RC Car scene (I've been flying planes and helis for years and more recently quads too), but I seem to have been bitten by the car bug too now!

I've got a vintage Tamiya Boomerang and an FTX colt, soon to be getting an FTX Carnage too.

My driving and my cars are definitely NOT in the same league as some of the machines talked about here, but they suit me for some fun in the park with my kids, and that's all I really want. Trouble is I only see the kids at the weekend and the cars are sat all week in the garage, and driving on your own is just too boring for me, I like a little bit of conversation, a bit of tech talk and some races/challenges we can all try etc.

I'm in the north-west corner of MK near Stony Stratford. I was thinking maybe one of us could set up a WhatsApp or Kik chat for interested people so we can just ping out a message to the group "bashing at somewhere after work, anyone coming?" or similar?

Stuart.

EDIT: Oops, just noticed this is in the large scale sub forum! I found it in a search for 'milton keynes' and didn't see the subforum. Sorry guys, my Colt hardly fits in that category! :)

Edited by Stu78
Probably shouldn't be in the large scale forum!