• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ftx carnage

allbluedave

2 hours ago, evssv said:

Better can b had:yes:

Get back in your box Mike :lol:

He is right though. But, there are plenty of things out there I wouldn't recommend.

• Like 1

How about a Tamiya DT-03? Spares are very easy to find, and are likely to remain so for many years to come. Although the car is good and tough, so you shouldn't need many.

43 minutes ago, allbluedave said:

I like the look of that pilot but im after a truck/ truggy/ stadium truck type to run on grass

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

I run my DT-03T Aqroshot on grass. It is running Blitzer Beetle front tyres and ProLine Big Joe 2s on the rear hoops though. Stick a brushless combo in it and it's great fun.

Cheers AllBlue, it's a fun truck. I was thinking of a Firestorm but decided this was a great alternative. Firestorms are fast, Flux variants even more so.

6 hours ago, allbluedave said:

I like the firestorms. I want something as fast as a nitro but without the headache of tuning. Does nitro transmitters/recievers fit electric?

I had the Carnage NT, it was fairly fast when I got it running but the reason why nitro powered cars are starting to die out is due to the fact that brushless electric motors are now surpassing the nitro performance (and a lot less messy!).

There are still plenty of tuning options for those who like to fiddle, especially if you get a speed controller with a programming card or a PC interface. However this is optional - you can simply stick with the default settings, plug in a battery and go play! 

Edited by XV Pilot

14 hours ago, allbluedave said:

Programming card? I like the sound of that :) just need to decide what im getting now ;)

Indeed, you can set the motor up to different driving styles, how much braking force the motor gives as well as other things - plus you can play with gearing as well.

I am tempted to get myself an off road electric at some point as well, much easier than a nitro as you just plug the battery in and off you go - once it runs down, just plug another battery in and off you go.

Why didnt i get a electric in the first place lol. Didnt realise they could be upgraded as much to make them faster. So what kind of running time do you get from a fully charged lipo battery? Ive been comparing the vantage and carnage brushless and the vantage seams faster but id rather have a truck but want the speed.