• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Basher 1/16 Monster Trucks - Bad Bug & Hellseeker

capri-boy

they say they have improved this over the Nitro circus one.

Dogbones longer and stronger so they don't fall out, better plastic quality, improved diff design and some other stuff.  It all sounds good but there are no new, improved spares available :(

1 hour ago, Deafty said:

they say they have improved this over the Nitro circus one.

Dogbones longer and stronger so they don't fall out, better plastic quality, improved diff design and some other stuff.  It all sounds good but there are no new, improved spares available :(

Duely noted but hey perhaps it's so good it won't need them so it won't matter, for the price of the truck and spares its peanuts compared to most others so even if you do break it it's not going to cost a fortune to fix with inferior parts lol. The pain is the spares are only in the Global warehouse by the looks ? 

Knowing hobbyking a year year down the line there have the right spares but no trucks to put them in, if you really wanted to use the correct parts to fix just buy an extra kit version ;) 

It might be worth anyone that wants one emailing HobbyKing about getting spares in Europe. Worth a go :) . I did live chat about it a couple of nights back, but I think whoever was on the other end went home.

Took mine to the local bash spot. The wheelybar shock leaked ( it wasn't assembled properly ) & I lost the home made rear wing.  The gears are still a bit tight. But I only put 2 lipos through it. The motor & ESC got quite hot, but I'm sure that's down to the tight gears. All in all. Bloody good value for money :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Took the bad bug out last week. It still got hot & was bloody noisy. I put it to my ear & pulled the trigger on the tx. The noise was coming from the spur gear being jammed against the pinion. Sorted that on the common. All cooler & quoted now. I'm gonna let my dad have a rip with it tomorrow. He's 82 & has been in hospital for 9 weeks.  He needs a treat :)  It's tough enough for a complete novice to blast around the  common. :)  Might let our 3 year old have a go too.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...