• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 5ive Rally

Sulli-88

Hi all, Took delivery of the Losi 5ive Rally WRC today.

Sure will have some questions as I go, this is my first 1/5 scale so hope i'm not too much or a moron.

I was told a kill switch was almost not necessary as if the receiver loses signal or the battery drops to a certain point the th servo will apply full brake?

This, when I turn off the transmitter to simulate the loss of signal does not happen. Is this correct or Have I not set it up correctly, I didn't even have to bind it when I received, was all ready to go... ish, thanks for any help in advance.

tn3pmbxq9

kdxv17xc1

Dan

Edited by Sulli-88

A failsafe is different to a kill switch.

You need a way to cut the engine remotely to be really safe.

A failsafe will only apply the brakes but if a servo failure is the cause of a full throttle run away you would need a way to remotely kill the engine.

These things weight upwards of 25lbs or so and without being overly dramatic could do a serious injury to someone.

Opposite mate, a kill switch isn't a luxury it's as vital as fuel is. 

Imagine the thing running off into a crowded place. Or on the street and it flys off into a neighbours new bmw. Altho most wouldn't run them on the streets some do and it's pretty silly even an 8th scale can cause 100s in damage to cars parked up. A bad unexpected flip or sudden grip when it was sliding. 

Anyway kill switch is vital, fail safes can fail in many ways a kill switch can only fail in one way I think if that. 

Member on here called "jollyroger" supplies a kill switch called the switchblade and it's just as good as the killer rc ones that cost alot more. 

Switchblade is around £35 shipped I think which is nothing compared to the rcs price for peace of mind. 

There's really cheap options but most wouldn't trust them. 

• Like 1

To be fair you cant compare the Switchblade with the Killer RC one .

Yes they both cut the engine at the press of a button or battery issue but one comes as a kit you have to wire yourself the other fully plug and play.

The main advantage for me of the Killer RC one is i can set the voltage cut off so its acts as a LVC for the lipo i run .

Great thanks guys will buy one straight away in that case, was going to install anyway just curious if the fail safe was not working due to my inexperience thats all.

For me to kill the engine at a flick of a switch id need something other than the dx3e would I not which is only a 2 channel, would need a 3 channel for that?