• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Helion Select Four 10TR 4WD Brushless Truggy

stretch

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Didn't take long for the clones to pop up 

JLB Racing CHEETAH 1/10 Brushless RC Car Monster Truck 21101 RTR

Been looking at that a while, they also make the truggy and vkar is the original selectfour. Tbf the Helion looks to have the best elec's and nicest shell imo. Germans don't seem to rate them.

Edited by Twist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Noj said:

Sorry chaps, haven't had this out for a wee while.....

We stripped the spur during excessive lunacy in the carpark, it is replaced, other things have got in the way I'm afraid.

You could always send it to me and I'll see what it can really do :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Drop the silly price tag add some much needed support and I'm sure there sell but at there current price and lack of  support it's no wonder there stuck on shelves ! 

Lets face it even the Losi ten MT isn't cheap but it's cheaper than this has bettter parts support and is a much more established brand .. There both aimed at the same audience IMO so if Helion wants to compete it needs to get its act together .. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Drop the silly price tag add some much needed support and I'm sure there sell but at there current price and lack of  support it's no wonder there stuck on shelves ! 

Lets face it even the Losi ten MT isn't cheap but it's cheaper than this has bettter parts support and is a much more established brand .. There both aimed at the same audience IMO so if Helion wants to compete it needs to get its act together .. 

I'd imagine, with it being a rebrand, that there hands are tied somewhat.  That said there must be a huge mark-up on them so it's anyone's guess why they've not tried to get some traction with it.

• 3 months later...

I bumped into a chap in Laughton woods last weekend whilst taking my select four10 sc out funnily enough and he had one of these. Running on 3s it was a wheelie machine! I had a quick look over it and it looked well put together just like my sc. I asked if he'd had any issues or breakages and the only thing he had broken was a few lower arms. But like my helion had to loctite a few of the screws down. The styling on the truggy ain't to my taste which I think is one of the reasons it's struggling. By all accounts its a good little rig just not grabbing peoples attention enough coupled with the pricre tag. The short course is 100 quid less and although maybe not as rugged is probably better value for money. 

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...