• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Helion Select Four 10TR 4WD Brushless Truggy

stretch

Or just buy the other version of it the vkar bison....

4354.jpg

http://www.chinabestprice.com/product/VKAR-Bison-1-10-Scale-Waterproof-4WD-Off-Road-High-speed-electronics-remote-control-Monster-Truck-rc-racing-cars-60249325.html

location look familiar?

From the helion blurb

Take a tour of the Four 10TR and immediately you’ll see where our development team has spent its time.

In fact, it’s so quick off the mark, we’ve added a wheelie bar to aid traction and keep you firmly in control.

You did not add the wheelie bar it was already there! must have been some development meeting, what did they do in the afternoon?

How can they charge £130 for the Dominus TR and £340 for this when it's just a rebrand with their electrics?

Edited by stretch
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, stretch said:

Or just buy the other version of it the vkar bison....

4354.jpg

http://www.chinabestprice.com/product/VKAR-Bison-1-10-Scale-Waterproof-4WD-Off-Road-High-speed-electronics-remote-control-Monster-Truck-rc-racing-cars-60249325.html

location look familiar?

From the helion blurb

Take a tour of the Four 10TR and immediately you’ll see where our development team has spent its time.

In fact, it’s so quick off the mark, we’ve added a wheelie bar to aid traction and keep you firmly in control.

You did not add the wheelie bar it was already there! must have been some development meeting, what did they do in the afternoon?

How can they charge £130 for the Dominus TR and £340 for this when it's just a rebrand with their electrics?

And those wheels and tyres look decidedly Traxxas! To me at least. 

19 hours ago, Tug said:

Not really, the Invictus is 4wd, the Intrusion is meant to challenge the Proline Pro and ECX Torment etc as they're all 2wd.

Unless I've got that wrong somewhere? 

Ruckus, I meant Ruckus, not Torment. 

2 minutes ago, stretch said:

Yeah the talons.

So which is the one to consider getting? All parts will be interchangeable? Break something and just search on-line for whatever you can find? 

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

So which is the one to consider getting? All parts will be interchangeable? Break something and just search on-line for whatever you can find? 

Yeah most/all parts should be interchangeable but spares prices on the other 2 will probably go up once people work out the Helion is a rebrand.

I still want one but the high price is putting me off. 

I still fancy the simplicity of the Ruckus, less to go wrong in the drivetrain, but hopeless with obstacles.

Still, who cares? I gotta BL 5ive  (or variant thereof!). ;)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Noj said:

I think Helion have dropped a bollock with this....which is a pity.

agreed

The Amewi is £270 here http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/product/1405138/ or 'Extreme Edition' £308.74 which comes with 2650kv motor, 4s lipo, charger, tx with lcd display and dust cover http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amewi-AM10T-Truggy-Extreme-1-10-4WD-120A-Regler-Brushless-22161-/361608274519?hash=item5431886257:g:aT4AAOSwGIRXaTUt and theres a V2 version with gearbox-updates + CVD update.

Edited by stretch

299 with reliable parts support is definitely a tempting option. Is the Freeprawn version the very latest model with all updates? 

299 also starts to make the Ruckus look pricey at approximately 200ish last time I looked. 

FP will have the latest to market version and naturally will carry spares (provided Helion have released them at the same time).

Tbh, I'd rather spend 300 with the Prawn for a Helion than buy the 'unknown' branded from other retailers.....

• Like 1

Aye, agreed. Funny marketing by Helion, keep battery and charger out of the box to lower prices, yet this is overpriced?

Hoping to get a hands on look this week....

44 minutes ago, Noj said:

Aye, agreed. Funny marketing by Helion, keep battery and charger out of the box to lower prices, yet this is overpriced?

Hoping to get a hands on look this week....

They probably got them as rollers and stuck their electrics in them.

£299 almost there drop another £30 and it will be a winner for sure good on your Nige ;) 

Has to make you wonder how this pricing game really works when you got a big shop like Wheelspin being out priced by a small shop like  Freespawn