• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder tiger dt10 nitro engine. Pro 15

allbluedave

Hey guys. Ok so ive got this dt10 started and ive noticed that it is seaping fuel from between the block and the cooling head...... i checked the bolts and they where loose so i nipped them up but its still leaking. Is there a gasket supposed to be on the engine as this doesnt have one. Also does the cooling head go on a certian way or doesnt it matter. Cheers guys ;)

Do you have a burn room washer(s)? The whole assembly should fit closely even without screws. If the parts are faulty it would be difficult to do a quick seal job with some ol' goo because of the temerature and pressure; you might have to buy parts.

Also, its surprising that you say fuel is leaking as the highest pressure is caused by the combustion, so its more likely to have been smoke? If its on the carb side of the engine, you should also check the carb.

sorry cant help much with your problem, but thought i would just say when i read the word DT-10 in the title it brought back memories, i had one as my first Nitro vehicle, was a good little truck.

Its a little disk that goes between the top of the piston sleve, and the engine head where your glow plug screws in. Some people decide to add a couple extra to make the chamber slightly bigger.

If the parts look clean and there aren't any major cracks or bends, you could maybe try adding a tiny folded piece of aluminium foil between the engine head and the cooling head on the side that its leaking on to press it down more?

EDIT:

I'm not familiar with the DT-10, and from that instruction thing it looks like your glow plug just screws into the cooling head which also acts as the engine head, so that aluminium thing wouldnt work.

Edited by behappy2755

Cheers guys. :) ill take the head off and see if the shim is there. Since ive taken the head off sometimes the engine jams up and i have to use a flat screwdriver in the grooves of the flywheel to free it. Thats whats making me think the head is on wrong as it didnt used to do it.

On 5/17/2016 at 09:50, allbluedave said:

Not many rate thunder tiger but i had a ts4n as my first nitro car and had no where as many issues with it as i have with the others ive bought. :)

I've had a few models and I really rate Thunder tiger for their ts4n - well thought out, easy to work on and very reliable.  I'd definately have another thunder tiger!

• Like 1

I really regret selling my ts4n as it was the best one I had. I only got rid because I wanted a truck. I also had a ssk v2 which was great but shreaded a few spur gears which put me off it a little. I can't wait to take the dt10 for a run out. Im finding it difficult to find parts for it though?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk