• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ESC Mount

sunny

Hi guys, I am in the middle of converting a Hyper 7 and Hyper ST to brushless and was wondering what people were using to mount the esc's to the chassis. The ESC's I have did not come with any mounts so is there a way to make one? I just want the esc to be secure when jumping etc

44 minutes ago, sunny said:

Hi guys, I am in the middle of converting a Hyper 7 and Hyper ST to brushless and was wondering what people were using to mount the esc's to the chassis. The ESC's I have did not come with any mounts so is there a way to make one? I just want the esc to be secure when jumping etc

25 minutes ago, Chris1978 said:

I used the esc tray from a hpi truggy flux. Drill and counter sink the holes and your good to go.

Use the losi 8ighte batt tray - it mounts straight into the Hyper 7 with no drilling, and has an esc mounting plate.  In the ST (from memory) you will need to drill one hole for the front of the tray - it's a tight fit width wise in the ST (due to the spur) but goes in fine.

Here it is in the 7, don't have a pic of it the ST though:

17661248046_e61b2cb0ea_o.jpg

• Like 1