• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's 5ive T

.AJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of questions if I can please :)

What air filter set up are you now using?

I see you had the TR airbox thing a while ago but didn't you sell it?

Now I have the G320 in the air filter is very close to the rollcage and the body is a bit more difficult to get on and off as it is now wider than the stock engine/air filter set up.

Also is your exhaust the specific G320 Bartolone,like this one

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/bartolone-32cc-tuned-pipe-for-losi-5ive-w-zehoah-g320-black.html

as there don't seem to be any around anywhere although I don't mind buying the regular version either but I think I would have to get the silenced version if I cant find the G320 specific one.

I'm using a Bartolone air filter as well, I got rid of the air box because it made it hard to get to the fuel line connectors and also it was to close to the fuel cap for my liking, if I spilt fuel on the filter it would wash out the oil and it could dust the engine....

And yea I'm running the proper G320 pipe, last time I looked DDM had the silenced one instock, you could ask Nige at Freeprawn to order you one?  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I'm using a Bartolone air filter as well, I got rid of the air box because it made it hard to get to the fuel line connectors and also it was to close to the fuel cap for my liking, if I spilt fuel on the filter it would wash out the oil and it could dust the engine....

And yea I'm running the proper G320 pipe, last time I looked DDM had the silenced one instock, you could ask Nige at Freeprawn to order you one?  

I din't know there was a silenced version of the G320 pipe until now :) 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Yea, but was only £25 (marked as $100 on the paperwork), they use FedEx who bill for the customs after delivery, it speeds things up nicely, if you ordered it tomorrow morning it would be delivered Wednesday 

Have you managed to try the vipers with km beadlocks? I got some new 5t vipers cheap for my rcmk xcr. Just seeing how u got on before mounting them. I have km/silverback/area rc alloy beadlocks to choose from so not sure what's best to use. It's a hateful job so doing it numerous times doesn't appeal. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OK that's interesting. Will keep an eye out to see how it plays out. Lovely truck you have though AJ. See the odd pics on various fb pages, instantly recognisable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cheers, I've pretty much got her to where I want now and can't see any major changes or upgrades for a while now, but the shell is starting to get a bit battered, so that's definitely next on the list :) 

Sorry fella I can't find the post it was on now, it was one of the 5ive groups though.

I don't really usually pay too much attention to what's posted where, so can't find the post again now :lol:

Still, it does show they are inferior.

Fingers crossed Mark does the right thing.

Still word back from Uber about the tyres.....

Also spotted a problem with my brakes

image_zpsshwu7ok2.jpeg

For some reason the front inside pad has worn really badly, I've spoken to MIP about it and we cant workout why (I have a feeling the muddy bash and the extra 15kg of mud were to blame but I didn't mention that) so they are sending me out a set of replacement pads FOC, can't complain at they as they are £25 a set, also they have suggested a different linkage set up, I've sourced the bits and will update the thread when I do it, for now I'm just going the swap the front pads around so I won't have any down time waiting for the new pads 

Nothing to do with the OTT servo you have on the brakes? Although the 5ive stock brakes are on a cam type design aren't then? Looks like that is forcing one side of the pad into the disk more than the other.