• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Parrot Bebop

Kpowell911

I woke up this morning knowing nothing about Drones. Lying in bed whilst my Mrs got ready for work, she put the TV on and the News came on about that Drone hitting a plane.... I then grabbed the iPad and spent ages looking at them... Long story short, I have £300 on an Argos gift card Ive not really got a use for. They very helpfully refunded some out of warranty headphones that I had broken, but to a gift card. I was using it for a TV, but Ive sorted that now....

This one gets great reviews?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3391510.htm

Seems perfect for me, anyone got any advice?

So excluding that one from Argos, what would be a good first Quad for around that kind of money?

I'm just starting to get interested in this field and would like similar advice as the OP. Possibly on a slightly lower budget, say under £200?

Not after anything special, just something decent to learn to fly one of these, and maybe with the possibility of adding features in the future. Or is it better to buy basic to learn, then invest again on a complete new model when ready for more advanced features?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The parrot range is a very popular choice for a first drone, you will enjoy it but you will also get bored of it quickly and sale on. I see these on eBay alot with "getting a better drone" or "upgrading", it's a buyers market.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 13:17, Light875 said:

So excluding that one from Argos, what would be a good first Quad for around that kind of money?

I'm just staunderestimateo get interested in this field and would  r advice as  the OP. Possibly on a slightly lower bu dget, say under £200?

Not after anything special, just something decent to learn to fly one of these, and maybe with the possibility of adding features in the future. Or is it better to buy basic to learn, then invest again on a complete new model when ready for more advanced features?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fly quite a few multirotors and fix wing planes both fpv and line of sight. The best way to learn to fly a multirotor is to buy a hubsan x4. Comes with a controller and is ready to fly. Its small but it flys exactilly Like The bigger version and come with two modes. Stablized and manual  mode. . This will teach you to learn to fly and has an added bonus that is small enough to buzz around the house. Also they only cost £40.

• 2 weeks later...

get the quav 250 kit on ebay. 60 quid carbon too. i just ordered frame but unlike you i want to basicly build with upgraded parts as you always gona have to upgrade them. thats cheapest ive seen the kit but any of them carbon 1s for under 100 with remote is were my money would go and i may do it.

I want the control and features of the parrot. tbh im sure that parrots on ebay for 50 ish. may be a copy but in my eyes be same thing and youl have to upgrade.

i watched a thing on the parrot were guy used ipad for control. do these not need remote ? if thats the case the cheapest kit you can get would be my thing.

Good luck. you want as much carbon and alloy as possible if you spend more then say 70 for sure. otherwise doing what im doing diy may be best option.

put rtf quadcopter in ebay and look from 40 ish. theres a kit with everything for 45. im thinking i shouldve got that.

anyway ha good luck. save that voucher for a big buy in future.