• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi all, newbie from wakefield

Tomc

Got a hpi truggy nitro car for crimbo off my other half as ive always wanted one since i was a kid, only just started to get into it so will be hanging about on here reading up on upgrades etc. i wanted something as a little hobby other than my real car which i treat like my child! (Modified honda civic type r)

Anyway heres the truggy (i know youve all seen one before f9697180230a77ec07c245dd43627f06.jpg all standard for now but hoping to get into this more as i pick up the jist of things.

Cheers.

Tom

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Haha thanks.

Ive not been up to xscape overflow yet, went across the road to the industrial estate where ats is to run it in then been on the playing field down in stanley for a bash. Thats the only 2 times ive had chance to take it out. I used to knock about around altofts and i know a spot next to the canal where theres some little jumps and a dirt track i might try when i get chance. Depends wether people are fishing near there or not as i dont think they would be happy with the noise lol

Not far from me then. Dont worry i took mine out for the first ever time since i got it a few week back to where ats is and broke the rear cv joint smashing it into a curb

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all new to the forum and also from Wakefield.  Not far from the prison. I've got a T-maxx and a rather battered XTM XT2. New to bashing and I've just found out about a bmx track just off J39 M1. Gonna go have a look and check it out tomorrow night. 

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

:thumbsup:

If your free an hour or two Sunday why not nip down - we set up from 1230ish, racing usually started for 1-1-30 and finish racing by 430, track away by 5ish.  I'll be set up near race control with the little yellow and black emb.

I should be free for a couple of hours to pop down Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Tomc said:

Did you find the bmx track?

Yeah we found it. Bit in the narrow side but not too bad. 

Had a blast at the skate park in Thornes park on Sunday morning though. Definitely be going back there.