• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Norcos losi 5ive

norcoforever

Just a cautious note on your wheel nuts, the Canadian bloke rcsparks was running them on his brushless monster five and he blamed them for digging In and ripping his wheel off on a bad landing

very nice build though 

Edited by sean-vrs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sean-vrs said:

Just a cautious not on your wheel nuts, the Canadian bloke rcsparks was running them on his brushless monster five and he blamed them for digging In and ripping his wheel off on a bad landing

very nice build though 

+1.

33 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

Just a cautious note on your wheel nuts, the Canadian bloke rcsparks was running them on his brushless monster five and he blamed them for digging In and ripping his wheel off on a bad landing

very nice build though 

Cheers for the heads up I am considering swapping them depending on the paint job on my next shell ice not got ocd when it comes to colours I swear lol

10 minutes ago, Tug said:

Have you had much time to run this yet? WE NEED MORE VID! 

She's not run at all yet lol waiting on a few parts from freeprawn including my servo and also for a different shell to arrive then I have a week off middle of April so will have a go pro and hopefully get her run in and upload some videos lol

4 hours ago, Carpmart said:

They are pretty good aren't they!   

For the money I'm very impressed there is a video on YouTube showing a comparison between it and the uber set up I must say I'm also impressed with the grafil body much better quality and fit than the penta

Edited by norcoforever

I've seen a fair few of these build threads,  And In the end, For some of them, so much money gets ploughed into them, And so much added before the engine is even turned over,That they can't bring themselves to run it in anger and get it dirty and battered. We all know how it is, You only have to drive one of these things in anger for half hour and it'll look like you've had it for 2 years as opposed to two hours.

What's the chance of that happening here.

• Like 1

Depends how you maintain and look after it.

This was mine after 2 years worth of national racing

Picture008.jpg

The beauty of the Losi is its hard as nails and so easy to work. Best out the box largescale by a long way 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

If that is the case does it matter?

some people build the best they can then shelf it or sell it on its all part of the hobby, everybody's different how they play with there toys!!

I never said it mattered, Or having a go, Just asking a question for crying out loud. 

Rover came back with an answer which shows my comment can be wrong when you look after your car a lot better than me, You come back with that, Nice.

2 minutes ago, babylon said:

I never said it mattered, Or having a go, Just asking a question for crying out loud. 

Rover came back with an answer which shows my comment can be wrong when you look after your car a lot better than me, You come back with that, Nice.

Whats wrong with my answer?

its the kind of thing I get asked by the wife and I answer in the same way, some people get pleasure out of building more than using. We are all different.

I admit I have put a good few quid in to this car and after a chat with noj a big change may be on the cards and babylon I know what your saying but I have no fears about running pretty cars lol my previous 5ive was easily to the same spec as this and I gave that some stick same with my baja I'm just ocd when it comes to cleaning lol. Granted it's not ready yet but it will run :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, norcoforever said:

I admit I have put a good few quid in to this car and after a chat with noj a big change may be on the cards and babylon I know what your saying but I have no fears about running pretty cars lol my previous 5ive was easily to the same spec as this and I gave that some stick same with my baja I'm just ocd when it comes to cleaning lol. Granted it's not ready yet but it will run :)

That was all I was asking, You hear it so many times, Someone builds an all singing all dancing car, And the next thing you know, They've sold in, And that's that.

And I do understand why, 150 quid for that bit, 200 quid for that bit, And before you know it your at 3 grand, Then you take it out and bash it for half a day, Now it's worth 2 grand, That's a lot of money for a few hours fun, So I get why some people sweat at the thought and just sell it on, But some don't,  And that's what I was asking.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, norcoforever said:

If it's the direction I'm thinking/guessing, the bodies look great... Mine arrived Friday.. Sorting the painting out for Nige and mine at the moment.  I'm going to do a 'build' thread soon! 

• Like 2

Worth the wait for a good painter, like a good builder ;)

I have to ask, could you please PM me his details and does he look anything like his departed, comedy namesake?

'........JUUUUNE......'