• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LOSI 5t

Harris2258

Just bought a new 5ive  swapped stock engine with my G340 put on a tuned pipe apart from that it's standard I'll upgrade as I break things my question is I want to swap crappy stock spectrum transmitter and receiver any suggestions I'm looking at about no more than £200. 

Cheers

Got to agree with OHO on this one, The Flysky is the only 2.4Ghz radio I have ever used as it was the first I ever got, And as it never did, Or ever has missed a beat, Never felt the need to use anything else.

In the places  bash the weak signal and poor quality transmission on the GT3B/C cause the kill switch to kick in and kill the engine.

So while they may work well enough for you in the places you bash they may not work for others.

7 hours ago, scatteh316 said:

In the places  bash the weak signal and poor quality transmission on the GT3B/C cause the kill switch to kick in and kill the engine.

So while they may work well enough for you in the places you bash they may not work for others.

But not everyone bashes were you bash, I can't get a mobile signal in our conservatory but the wife can, But I can get a signal in the garden, And the wife can't, There's no one shoe fits all.

When you buy the Futaba, You are paying for the FHSS System, Cos other than that it's a very basic controller, So for the considerable extra you pay for that, That shoe better fit.

The futaba, even the 'lowly' 3pl has a much better response time than the flysky- I run both on largescale.

Neither set up has ever given myself range issues. I am now switching all largescale to futaba, partly because of response time, but also because the receivers will happily take 8.4v, vs 6v for the flysky, so servos can operate on full power.

I have a dx4s and a 3pl the dx4s has way more bells n whistles than the 3pl but the 3pl has much better range and reliability.

So much so that I'm considering selling both and getting a futaba 4pls to replace them both

The 4pls is overpriced IMO. Just bought one mind, however, it is overpriced.

Damn tidy TX though, more functionality than I am likely to use in the short term.

It's a good TX...I have one myself which I'm going to use on the wife's badger this year.

Should work fine with the super bee, just follow the installation instructions. There is no AVC to worry about, which is a big plus!