• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Making My Fg Marder Better

ROBSTER 1992

I do like the look of the Alloy Radio Trays I've actually got one on my other Fg Marder they look nice my other Fg Marder is also In bits I need to work on that one to its fully hoped up with Alloy parts and Stainless Steel Parts only problem is it's made it quite heavy it's like lifting a tone of bricks it's all about power to Wight Ratio if the Car is to Heavy it will slow it down if the Car is Light as a Feather it will be Fast I also want to keep this Fg Marder with all plastic bits because plastic is light or if I can get my hands on a load of Carbon Fibre bits I will put them on it.

This Marder is so light at the Front it pulls Wheelies and it's fun when it does that I can actually hold it and pull long Wheelies now it puts a Smile on my face.[emoji12]

Smile More

Just took my Rear Hubs of because the threads are completely knackered in them and now I can't get the Wheel Drive cup out of it and the Wheel Square won't move as well its Seized and won't move.

Any Suggestions how i can do this.

ae550d97a1cd216b52a2e29cd5b74f1d.jpg

Need the wheel drive cup out of it and the wheel square + bearings because I've got some Spare hubs that I can use.

If the upright is knackered  .... you could always cut it off.

The square will be glued on by a mix of threadlock and corrosion. Heat should shift one. Take the grubs screws fully out, and apply heat to melt threadlock. Once you free of hte square, the axle will just tap out of the bearing.

38 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

Most fgs I had came with wood screws 10 sizes too big lol. One of the fg pet hates. Bodgers not modders lol. 

Lol...

45 minutes ago, ROBSTER 1992 said:

Guys anyone know the size of the 3 Screws for the Diff Guard under my Chassis just ordered a New Diff Guard and I have ask the guy who I brought it of if he can give me the screws with it but he is unsure on size of the Screws I need and I don't know the size.

M4 ×8mm

• Like 1

You mentioned earlier the alloy radio tray, weight, etc.

One advantage of the alloy tray is its much more rigid - the standard position throttle / brake will flex the normal plastic one very easily, particularly when braking.

Some have kept the plastic tray, but braced it in additional places to limit the flexing (bending) under heavy braking, particularly when upgrading the servo.

Carbon fibre bits are available from Hobbythek, but can often be found on Ebay.

Al.

On 2/23/2016 at 23:13, ROBSTER 1992 said:

Hello there,

I would suggest u to go for a modified head kit by esp with 2mm crank shaft and pair of fast Eddie bearings,

And throw a decent tune pipe on ur mardar's back,

U will not be disappointed.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Do your self a favour Rob and buy your bearings either from the link I posted or source your own from a bearing suppliers,  dont pay X amount extra just for that stupid face on the packaging...lol

22 minutes ago, mark35 said:

Do your self a favour Rob and buy your bearings either from the link I posted or source your own from a bearing suppliers,  dont pay X amount extra just for that stupid face on the packaging...lol

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! Buying 'branded' bearings like that is an utter waste of cash. If you want...I'll buy some bearings, stick them in a packet and double the price for you. I promise to put an attractive label on and tell you they are specifically for your RC application.....

Fit decent rubber shielded bearings, grease the axle where it runs through the bearing to stop it rusting in place, and replace when sloppy.

• Like 1