• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Strada Xt Evo S part upgrades

30 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Nope sorry, i'm out also so can't even measure my flat chassis.

okey dokes no probs, what I might do is just order an A3 size bit of Carbon and cut it down to size, I should think the chassis no bigger than A3 surely....

6 minutes ago, Sharpy666 said:

okey dokes no probs, what I might do is just order an A3 size bit of Carbon and cut it down to size, I should think the chassis no bigger than A3 surely....

Def not, it's prob (annoyingly) only a little longer than A4.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Sharpy666 said:

Done one side haven't had much time, trying to upload a pic but it's being a nob only allowed so many KB so not sure how to do it, might try on my pc later. 

The site only has limited storage, the way round it (and very useful for other things) is to use an imagehosting service, like Photobucket / Flickr etc, upload your pictures there then paste a link from there in a post and the forum will display (hotlinking it is) your picture.

I'm a bit naughty in that I edit the link (from flickr that i use) so only the picture appears, and it doesn't link back to my entire flickr account (Flickr's terms and service are against people doing that as it doesn't help spread there name around).

https://www.flickr.com/

http://s5.photobucket.com/

• Like 1

On 13 April 2016 at 13:44, (Pete) said:

OK cool taa did the part you fitted fit alright so far

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Yeah they for ok I had to change a couple of screws as the thread inside the metal parts weren't exactly the same but that's no biggie(as lon as you have the screws) but yeah apart from that they are good, also the steering linkage has different ball joint bits so you'll need longer screws for them as well.. 

On 13 April 2016 at 14:07, capri-boy said:

The site only has limited storage, the way round it (and very useful for other things) is to use an imagehosting service, like Photobucket / Flickr etc, upload your pictures there then paste a link from there in a post and the forum will display (hotlinking it is) your picture.

I'm a bit naughty in that I edit the link (from flickr that i use) so only the picture appears, and it doesn't link back to my entire flickr account (Flickr's terms and service are against people doing that as it doesn't help spread there name around).

https://www.flickr.com/

http://s5.photobucket.com/

Ha sweet I'll look into that, cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, (Pete) said:

90dc41268f318bf13d5e8bbe88edeb54.jpg36555262b5f518f6fed9c7a13700669b.jpgbb4734cb48d521710ad04d185efd08ca.jpg49522d6a5d0ddd9057d5f6fbfa7f17b7.jpg39082f53136245037c3abf5534aec7da.jpg

This might work fingers crossed some photos

Looking good!  CNC shock towers might be next on your list, and a clear shell painted in your own scheme would really set it off.....

• Like 1

Looking good!  CNC shock towers might be next on your list, and a clear shell painted in your own scheme would really set it off.....

Been looking at body shells lol ordered alloy steering arms and control arms waiting for them

Its addictive eh

Just now, (Pete) said:

Been looking at body shells lol ordered alloy steering arms and control arms waiting for them

Its addictive eh

Certainly is, and the bonus with the strada is how cheap it is.  By the way - how are your driveshafts holding up?  The Strada niggle that the shocks run out of travel before the chassis bottoms out (which is one of the contributing factors to the plastic knuckles stripping) and general geometry makes life hard on the shafts as they can impact on the cups.  My SC isn't bad for it, but the MT is terrible and bends driveshafts too when the chassis won't bottom out.

Sold the proline badlands this week off mine, they don't work with the stock shell and I don't fancy hacking it to pieces to make them.  New motor and esc have arrived for her too so she'll get a run out again soon.

I have had one bent shaft on mine but I think it was as a result of a heavy impact

So far after the alloy parts swap it's held up OK the cups do have some marks in but I think this grit related

One thing I did notice from the last bash is that a stone had found its way under the steering linkage and was trapped between that and the screw hole in the chassis causing a loss of steering

Also need some stronger thread lock

Been looking at the car tonight... found a slight fix for the drive shafts/dog bones bottoming out

Upon removal I could see a clear wear mark from where its been hitting the back of the cups a69750106523a9c0b00774854f67d4ae.jpg

Trial solution is to file down the end of the shaft so it can pass down into the cup deeper and allow more suspension travel

I filed past the wear mark about 1mm effectively shortening the shaft down

830a9fabe93006627c8f6cdb84189b30.jpg

I did put a bevel back on but no pic of this.... I also moved the bottom shock mount to the outter hole, I have definitely gained some up travel and the front bottoms out on the chassis before the shafts bind up.

The rear is close to bottoming out but is still binding a little

On 4/26/2016 at 18:28, (Pete) said:

I have had one bent shaft on mine but I think it was as a result of a heavy impact

So far after the alloy parts swap it's held up OK the cups do have some marks in but I think this grit related

One thing I did notice from the last bash is that a stone had found its way under the steering linkage and was trapped between that and the screw hole in the chassis causing a loss of steering

Also need some stronger thread lock

I've had a stone trap there a few times, in fact the first time it did it it took a good ten minutes to find the cause.

15 minutes ago, (Pete) said:

Been looking at the car tonight... found a slight fix for the drive shafts/dog bones bottoming out

Upon removal I could see a clear wear mark from where its been hitting the back of the cups a69750106523a9c0b00774854f67d4ae.jpg

Trial solution is to file down the end of the shaft so it can pass down into the cup deeper and allow more suspension travel

I filed past the wear mark about 1mm effectively shortening the shaft down

830a9fabe93006627c8f6cdb84189b30.jpg

I did put a bevel back on but no pic of this.... I also moved the bottom shock mount to the outter hole, I have definitely gained some up travel and the front bottoms out on the chassis before the shafts bind up.

The rear is close to bottoming out but is still binding a little

:thumbsup:

Will be interested in how you get on with these now.  

• Like 1

Hopefully it will help a lot.

I think I might pull the cups out and see if the can be back drilled a little deeper to help too there is plenty of slop on the droop but it's all to tight going up most shock loads will be up impacts from rough ground and jumps so does need a fix of some sort