• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Falken Edition

mmushen

Ended up getting one of these delivered today,was toying with the idea of various things but this is pretty much go anywhere :)

I did change the steering rods straight out of the box to get rid of the stock plastic bendy ones,I will make some metal suspension links myself in time.

First go in the house was interesting to say the least,there appeared to be next to no drive,I thought the slipper was too loose so cranked it right down but it was even worse!

A closer look showed it was the pinion that was loose on the motor shaft,bit of stripping down needed and it was all sorted.

It is a bit of an odd choice of motor for a crawler though,a 27T can,I can almost get a wheelie going from a standing start on carpet with it running on 2S

I would have preferred to build rather than get a RTR but for £229 RTR as opposed to about £250 for the kit it was a no brainer.

Just need some slightly better weather to give it a proper run now.  

On tarmac you can easily wheelie... Still a nice reliable cost effective motor ;) wheelspeed is actually good in certain areas, especially on a light stock SCX10.

Going down a few teeth on the pinion is also an option.

FYI, it's always a good option to do a partial strip down on a new RC, so you'll get a chance to do some light building :P put a little bit of grease on the diff and you'll be all set.

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

On tarmac you can easily wheelie... Still a nice reliable cost effective motor ;) wheelspeed is actually good in certain areas, especially on a light stock SCX10.

Going down a few teeth on the pinion is also an option.

FYI, it's always a good option to do a partial strip down on a new RC, so you'll get a chance to do some light building :P put a little bit of grease on the diff and you'll be all set.

Had both axles apart already and filled them up with grease,didn't have any marine grease but still filled them up with what I had so hopefully that will help if it finds itself in any water :)

On 2/17/2016 at 8:12 PM, Oh How Original said:

Wouldn't advise 'filling' them up... Just enough to coat the gears is fine, the bearings in the ends will need a bit to stop water getting in if you plan on taking it for a dip, but completely filling the axles up with grease will just cause excessive wear and resistance.

Not filled in the literate sense,just added more than the very thin lick that was already on the gears.