• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Hey guys I have been talking with Robin @ Unlimited Engineering for a while about parts for the X.  He been making a few parts, his parts are always super tough. These are cheaper than the stock replacements.

ordered the shock shafts today.

http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/cgi-bin/store/15549.html

Edited by Timritchieblue
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Timritchieblue said:

Hey guys I have been talking with Robin @ Unlimited Engineering for a while about parts for the X.  He been making a few parts, his parts are always super tough. These are cheaper than the stock replacements.

Like these and good price for 4 shafts

6 hours ago, Timritchieblue said:

I like these a lot A referred to them early but couldn't remember the link I just tried to order some but it has no shipping to the uk :( 

ill shot the guy an email see what can be done 

• Like 1

I look at completely opposite, the truck is a year old, and now all these upgrade are now released.  A year from now, they will be chopping up the NEW V2, and parts will be affordable.  Only part I would like to have is the center diff.

i like my X,  but it's not my only vehicle, I run all my cars.  It will take a year for me to get bored enough to run 8s.  Right now it's new, and a blast on 6s.  After owning my 15s Losi 5t, learned power upgrades are a bad thing to get started, its very addictive.  Remember when 3hp was a lot, then 8hp, then 12hp, finialy I reached 18ph.  Still wanted more?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/278564/

It's £549 including a £150 deposit !! So the kit is £400 yet agian we here in the UK get kicked in the teeth !! 

£400 for the kit is a joke ! 

What worriers me now is, how much will the parts be on there own as Traxxas has stated the kit will save you $350 stateside ! 

Going off this how much will the New X Maxx be over here £1200 ? 

Merry Christmas from Traxxas lmfao they can stick it where there crackers can't reach ! 

Maybe time to put this x Maxx up for sale cut my losses and move on to something different it's a fun ride but Traxxas are taking us for a ride on this one !! 

I sold my Slash 4x4 to a lad who came to collect it on Fri. Got talking and he has an Xmaxx. We got talking about the Power up and he said he had heard (from wheelspin where he had just been maybe) £550 for the power up and £1200 for the Mk2 Xmaxx. Sounds like he aint far off....

Wait for single prices at Tower and go from there

22 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

I look at completely opposite, the truck is a year old, and now all these upgrade are now released.  A year from now, they will be chopping up the NEW V2, and parts will be affordable.  Only part I would like to have is the center diff.

i like my X,  but it's not my only vehicle, I run all my cars.  It will take a year for me to get bored enough to run 8s.  Right now it's new, and a blast on 6s.  After owning my 15s Losi 5t, learned power upgrades are a bad thing to get started, its very addictive.  Remember when 3hp was a lot, then 8hp, then 12hp, finialy I reached 18ph.  Still wanted more?

Youre in Texas though. You as a customer actually exist to Traxxas over there.... we are treated like a puece of meat over here...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/278564/

It's £549 including a £150 deposit !! So the kit is £400 yet agian we here in the UK get kicked in the teeth !! 

£400 for the kit is a joke ! 

What worriers me now is, how much will the parts be on there own as Traxxas has stated the kit will save you $350 stateside ! 

Going off this how much will the New X Maxx be over here £1200 ? 

Merry Christmas from Traxxas lmfao they can stick it where there crackers can't reach ! 

Maybe time to put this x Maxx up for sale cut my losses and move on to something different it's a fun ride but Traxxas are taking us for a ride on this one !! 

I love how it actually says in the Wheelspin link it $299...

• Like 1

Happy Christmas everyone!

eeeekkkkkk!!!!!  Me too... I like my xmaxx but wow! £400!!!! Inc the esc swap refund!

NO THANKS!!!!!!:crying:

I couldn't believe it when the Losi Raminator was being sold off by Modelsport a few years ago for £250 brand new - was based on the LST1 - when there were new, obviously inferior trucks coming on the market for £400+ - just bonkers.

That's the hobby we have!!

Thing is, the choice is better than ever, they can all be with you for perhaps 20 years, so it's a case of timing when you want which parts ...

(Some can last 3 days as well, agreed, just depends how you use and maintain it ...)

Al.

2 hours ago, Timritchieblue said:

My point being why do we have to pay almost twice the price when it's not that much to get it shipped here including import fees and shipping ? 

The only reason is Traxxas just like shafting us here in the UK 

• Like 1

Just now, sean-vrs said:

No prices have been released yet so why are we assuming £1200?, my guess would be more £849

So you reckon the new X Maxx is going to be a whooping £60 more than it is now lol if that's the case them kits are even more if a kick in the teeth ..

Considering the new X Maxx is $899 stateside and were are asked to pay almost  $200 more for just the kit I reckon will be asked to pay more  like $300-400 more for the whole truck bring it upto more like £950 £1100 going off this but yeah it's all just speculation ;) 

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

So you reckon the new X Maxx is going to be a whooping £60 more than it is now lol if that's the case them kits are even more if a kick in the teeth ..

Considering the new X Maxx is $899 stateside and were are asked to pay almost  $200 more for just the kit I reckon will be asked to pay more  like $300-400 more for the whole truck bring it upto more like £950 £1100 going off this but yeah it's all just speculation ;) 

The power up kit is a silly daft price, but being realistic, you are getting a centre diff and some thicker shafts, I don't think even traxxas can justify another 3-400 on top of the old model, but time will tell!

40 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

Not nessesary, you have a freind in Texas, more than happy to ship y'all anything y'all need.

That's great to know. Nice 1 :thumbsup: