• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

It's Doddy's truck to drive as he likes - obviously does.

I must admit, and having seen so many other videos, that I'm still surprised at the extent of carnage, which continues relentlessly.

It's a big truck that can jump quite well, and being 4WD can be balanced quite well mid-air.

My thinking was similar to some of the implied comments, in that you're really going for the jumps, and initially there's always a learning curve - which can be brutal - but once mastered I would have expected the fun to increase and the carnage to decrease substantially, almost to nothing.

OCD's videos show it's far from perfect - centre diff would have resolved a lot of problems - but there's nowhere near the carnage.

Again, not meant to insult, but the extent of continued carnage is surprising.

Al.

• Like 1

Lol I really don't get it I must be missing something here .. I modded a set of diffs I went out beat the snot out of my X to see if I could break the modded parts which I didn't but instead I broke other bits ..so I reported the damage  I didn't bitch and moan about the damage just reported what broke and now I get the Spanish  inquisition and the third degree on my driving skill !! 

I do think I havent once said what broke wasn't justified God forbid if I had 

Just FYI I wouldn't say it's well balanced mid air unless you gear it up which results in the diffs being overloaded and eating themselves IMO 

• Like 1

Looked on the traxxas forum this morning under the heading tra 7779 diff where me and others dissing the diffs and quess what the Big marshall has stepped to stop further coments, how sad they say the truth hurts,

whats the point in that its not going to change peoples opinions to the issue only more frustration when you cant put to words how you feel.

2 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

Looked on the traxxas forum this morning under the heading tra 7779 diff where me and others dissing the diffs and quess what the Big marshall has stepped to stop further coments, how sad they say the truth hurts,

whats the point in that its not going to change peoples opinions to the issue only more frustration when you cant put to words how you feel.

You can't say what you feel about the X-Maxx without the X-Maxx SS gestapo giving you a public flogging you should know better by now :P

:asleep:

i'm not sticking up for traxxas or their forum... (i'd be lynched by u lot if i did i recon) but as i have heard a few others say in the past....  why would a forum owned by any company set up to promote their products like anyone bad mouthing that said product?.... asking advice / questions ok , but continually saying this or that is crap....it would be removed... put yourself in that position, imagine it was your product... i'm not sure why so many of u r surprised?... a talking point tho no doubt.

xmaxx wheels can be modded to fit other 24mm hex rigs... wether they hold together or actually have any benefits/ drive well is another matter entirely

7 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

i'm not sticking up for traxxas or their forum...

47212719.jpg

You are right though whenever i've left bad reviews on a companies website they have deleted them as they are protecting their product/brand but said reviews still need to be posted somewhere so people can make an informed decision.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

You can't say what you feel about the X-Maxx without the X-Maxx SS gestapo giving you a public flogging you should know better by now :P

i not knocking the furum as it has a lot of help and advise on there with most guys like me and you ,but being stopped to say anything nego is wrong,if they dont like it fix it instead of pretending its not there.

imagine if say Amazon only let the good reviews through it would become a farce and worthless.

its different if people are just slagging for the sake of it,we all know those people but these are genuienly hacked off

iam affraid the xmaxx has caused the most negatives ive seen on there forum for many years 

all said and done i still enjoy the truck and will stick with it whatever.

3 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

i not knocking the furum as it has a lot of help and advise on there with most guys like me and you ,but being stopped to say anything nego is wrong,if they dont like it fix it instead of pretending its not there.

imagine if say Amazon only let the good reviews through it would become a farce and worthless.

its different if people are just slagging for the sake of it,we all know those people but these are genuienly hacked off

iam affraid the xmaxx has caused the most negatives ive seen on there forum for many years 

all said and done i still enjoy the truck and will stick with it whatever.

It's not just the Traxxas forum fella you can't say anything bad report any issues without  the backlash anywhere just look at this thread !!   :P

I get where Traxxas are coming from its there product there forum so why should they have all the bad press on it when they can simply wipe under the carpet! . I also see the other side though if you can't report faults and flaws in the real world to them on there forum then how will they know to fix it !. 

Lets be be honest here Traxxarse are not going to do jack to solve any issues just look at the hash job on the esc ! This said Traxxas state 4s for off road and 6s for smooth surfaces which is a great get out or is it as they made it this way and we the owner want more .. The fixes will come from a third party if they do come but like you pointed out with all the negativity sounding the Maxx most companies will be put off I would have thought .. 

Look at some of the popular Facebook pages surrounding the X Maxx the turn around time is about 3 months before guys are getting hacked off with it and selling it on, prices in there sales adds have fallen of a cliff lately 

Its a fun drive when it's going but to keep it going can get exspensive and if this doesn't improve fast then guys will eventually just give it a swerve ball IMO just look at the guys on here that want one but won't get it in its current state of play, I reckon they far out weigh the actually owners lol 

A couple more months in and this will be around a year old stateside and still there's not really any light at the end of the tunnel in terms of third party quality needed upgrades .. Makes you wonder if it will come at all don't you think ? 

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Lol I really don't get it I must be missing something here .. I modded a set of diffs I went out beat the snot out of my X to see if I could break the modded parts which I didn't but instead I broke other bits 

So you admit you abuse your x maxx . But still insist it's mad of cheese and it a big lump of turd & you wonder why it breaks. 

1 minute ago, sunny said:

sheesh ady pack it in mate

I will why mydoddy stops going on and on about its faults. We all now for God's sake. But nobody will tell him to pack it in. He is a dog with a bone as bad as me. 

10 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

It's not just the Traxxas forum fella you can't say anything bad report any issues without  the backlash anywhere just look at this thread !!   :P

I get where Traxxas are coming from its there product there forum so why should they have all the bad press on it when they can simply wipe under the carpet! . I also see the other side though if you can't report faults and flaws in the real world to them on there forum then how will they know to fix it !. 

Lets be be honest here Traxxarse are not going to do jack to solve any issues just look at the hash job on the esc ! This said Traxxas state 4s for off road and 6s for smooth surfaces which is a great get out or is it as they made it this way and we the owner want more .. The fixes will come from a third party if they do come but like you pointed out with all the negativity sounding the Maxx most companies will be put off I would have thought .. 

Look at some of the popular Facebook pages surrounding the X Maxx the turn around time is about 3 months before guys are getting hacked off with it and selling it on, prices in there sales adds have fallen of a cliff lately 

Its a fun drive when it's going but to keep it going can get exspensive and if this doesn't improve fast then guys will eventually just give it a swerve ball IMO just look at the guys on here that want one but won't get it in its current state of play, I reckon they far out weigh the actually owners lol 

A couple more months in and this will be around a year old stateside and still there's not really any light at the end of the tunnel in terms of third party quality needed upgrades .. Makes you wonder if it will come at all don't you think ? 

I strongly feel a third party will come eventually and problems solved i cant see a truck this big failing

its not even so much traxxas as the little hitlers running the forum puffing there chests out,

we"ll have to watch and wait

I built mine up from 'selected parts', including the option diff parts from the start.

Reading ALL forums, even 'between the lines' on that other forum and there's absolutely nothing to be gained and $$$ to be lost.

Very simply, if everyone left it as designed, it would just be blowing ESC's or detonating, and the diffs might last .... oh, sorry, they wouldn't .... that fantastic design gadget 'self-righting'.

I was going to slate it but delayed for some reason, then somebody chirped in that they were paraplegic and couldn't do 'the walk'....

You just don't realise how lucky you are with reasonable health sometimes.

We've all read / learnt that that will total the diffs with ease.

Increasing the ante and drop in an XL-X / XL2 / Max-5 and power up to 8S and propel it with a Beast / Leopard / 2028 and gear it to 50+ mph and the diffs cannot handle it.

Despite all of this, I like it!

1 minute ago, Ripoffbritain said:

I strongly feel a third party will come eventually and problems solved i cant see a truck this big failing

its not even so much traxxas as the little hitlers running the forum puffing there chests out,

we"ll have to watch and wait

King Motor, Redcat or HobbyKing?????

23 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

I almost forgot about the self righting thingy altough i have used a few times when being lazy and (shock horror scandle ) didnt blow the diff,

was that stock gearing.   just asking as it is set for that gearing.   so if you up the gearing the truck doesn't know that when it tries to self right.

49 minutes ago, Deafty said:

^^ yawn.

Whats the msuk owner count now?  5?

If this diff bake trick works out,  I'll be getting one.  :)

How much slip are the slippers gettting?  Or is it all just wheelies and b flips from u fellas?

if you let the slipper slip to much the spur melts.   so the one thing that can help save the diffs  is not so good.

21 minutes ago, turok007 said:

if you let the slipper slip to much the spur melts.   so the one thing that can help save the diffs  is not so good.

theres metal spurs available though aint there?, Or have those got faults that I've missed picking up on? 

1 minute ago, Deafty said:

theres metal spurs available though aint there?, Or have those got faults that I've missed picking up on? 

i don't think anything is wrong with them  apart from the noise. 

Good to know.  I might pick up a roller to get my rig underway then.  Just need to finish building the house , then look for some end of season deals on parts bundles.

Another question I'd like to ask is how much fluid does a single (stock) shock take?.  I gotta factor this extra cost in as I do mess about with my shocks an awful lot, and I am confident they take a wee bit more than my 1:10 bigbores :lol:

1 minute ago, Deafty said:

The only down side to running the metal spur is it's hard on your pinion and a bit noisy but it does keep the slipper cooler 

There is an upgraded slipper unit from Hot racing which aids cooling and use the thrust bearing I linked a few pages back as the stock ones are garbage .. The other bearings on the slipper start to spin in there housing after a while but you can just make a simple shim to cure that .. Apperently theres an alloy top plate that holds the bearings in which is just a copy of the stock plastic one but it wears quite quick and agian lets the bearings spin in there cradle apparently but I've not tried it myself ..

I doubt the heat trick will be a cure but if it just prolongs the life a bit more it's something so far it seems to be working well as rather than eat a ring and pinion it eat the outdrive which isn't much better TBH as there £12 odd each and a ring and pinion are £16  a pair so you might be better off eating the ring and pinion if you blow both out drives lol