• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

44 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Holy cow if that's true then these parts once they hit the shelves are going to be big bucks they state there's  $650 worth of goodies on offer for just $299.95 !! now let's say the esc is 300 bucks that means those parts are going to stripe you up 350 bucks on there own ! Talk about have you over a barrel ! 

24 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Holy cow if that's true then these parts once they hit the shelves are going to be big bucks they state there's  $650 worth of goodies on offer for just $299.95 !! now let's say the esc is 300 bucks that means those parts are going to stripe you up 350 bucks on there own ! Talk about have you over a barrel ! 

$350 RRP yes that's what I thought. I am however confident they will be much cheaper once in places like Tower and then a discount code. Look at the RRP of VXL ESC'S compared to shop price. I still expect the 'parts' to come in at over $200 mind

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

If you run the D845wp at 7.4v it's just as fast as the D840wp but with the added bonus of being 50kg not 30kg like the D840wp according to the specs but I haven't try them myself 

Ive ran them both on 7.4v.  845 has great holding power, but not needed in a 20lb truck, 840 steers Baja 5b tires great with speed. I didn't want to run a 1/5 size servo on the X.  If you want waterproofing, just use conformal coating,  I use it on my receivers, servos, and old non-Wp esc's.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112242007199 

Edited by Timritchieblue

I have to say I cant see why 8s is needed, my stock truck jumps well (big jumps but slow speed so you can land them) and is great fun.

The uprated parts are nice for the drive line and centre diff but I drove a friends with a Hobbywing Max8 and gear up and GPS at 47MPH and it was uncontrollable with the Stock tires. OK that could be helped with some tape.

Don't get me wrong I will replace broken parts with the uprated and add the centre diff to try it. - if they seem reliable

Theres a bit of misconception going round here 8s is no more faster it's just meant to be more reliable and more forgiving on these new drivetrain parts, why is this as the new trucks have a lower kv motor so you won't see the speeds on them that you'd get geared the same on the old one. 

Clever marketing is what it's called 

In the end we all have to move over to the new parts at some point as I just can't see Traxxas carry 2 sets of spares for one truck and the old don't inter mix with the new by the looks of them pics either 

The way I see it right now is get the kit or sell your old or take a chance and buy the bits as and when but the later might not be the cheaper or better break a axle and there's only the new out then your be replacing the axle cvd and out drive cup !! 

Little food for thought and is why I'm in 2 minds to sell mine now and just get the new one . Not sure what it's worth though I'd leave the max6 in it and those diff gears,  include the lipos and a charger so it would be what I call rtr ;) .. 

ideas folks would be nice 

Ill update as I find out more as these aren't mine so just the pics for now sorry.

No there not cut steel there the same sintered steel as before ! Look closely you can see the moulding process hasn't come out to well and it's pitted, so I'm guessing these shouldn't be much more than they are now which could be good if they hold up to 6s abuse ;) 

2 hours ago, Guns said:

739FF73A-542C-4B2F-B56D-29ED3B86C9C3_zps

these came in two weeks. Really impressed with the size and feel. The blue is a poor match however

Very nice fella they look as solid as a rock ;) 

re the colour you could strip them along with the shock body and go for a real nice polished alloy look using a bit of elbow grease and some oven cleaner or stick a set of shock socks on ? 

I unscrewed the end piece and can confirm the thread is just as thick as the shaft. The Stock ones taper and have a weak point. 

Thinking of ordered another set before the prices go back up/dollar gets worse. 

Any ideas for a stronger UPPER a arm?

10 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Old vs new 

B235B8B0-837E-4858-BC00-369CA9D2499F_zps

D0929106-350E-470D-AECC-1271370EF255_zps

the old is on the left just in case ;) 

Looks like they've finally listened and changed the pitch so the teeth come out thicker. Still think they could do with being thicker still tho. Suck it and see. I'm guessing the pinion needs changing to match as well?

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Guns said:

I unscrewed the end piece and can confirm the thread is just as thick as the shaft. The Stock ones taper and have a weak point. 

Thinking of ordered another set before the prices go back up/dollar gets worse. 

Any ideas for a stronger UPPER a arm?

Give them a good bash first see if there all they look or you could be wasting your cash ! 

Upper arms i like these 

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=XMX54A01;c=975

or theres these but there not as nice IMO 

http://www.gpmracing-parts.com/traxxas-18-xmaxx-spring-steel-frontrear-upper-arms-1pr-gpm-txm054sfr-p-90073167.html

There's a few others as well if you look round but these are adjustable ;) 

Thanks. Ill get xmas out the way then look at investing in the X maybe at the expense of the jato. 

Bluebird Servo

4s Zippy Lipo's

dHawk Shock shafts

Alloy upper arms

Traxxas 8s transmission (can honestly see me Buying 7795 and selling my Max6....

should be sorted then and have a smaller more reliable fleet :)

4 minutes ago, Guns said:

Thanks. Ill get xmas out the way then look at investing in the X maybe at the expense of the jato. 

Bluebird Servo

4s Zippy Lipo's

dHawk Shock shafts

Alloy upper arms

Traxxas 8s transmission (can honestly see me Buying 7795 and selling my Max6....

should be sorted then and have a smaller more reliable fleet :)

If you need a stock 6s esc let me now I got a spare Im not buying the kit and will save you loosing your deposit if you don't have one ;) 

sounds like you git a plan there :)