• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Hmm so these gear are no better well thats a kick in the nuts !! sounds like they are bringing out yet more upgrades for the new one that hasn't even hit the streets yet !!

Thats sealed the deal for me i was thinking of parting ways and replacing but now ill hang tight and see how the new pans out,better the devil you know and all that.. If those chinese diffs do hold up at £25 a set front and rear thats how im reading it  ill be happy as a pig in mud just running the cd and cush bits..  

21 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Wow that's harsh fella you really don't like Kershaws do you . 

Its no secret Im fairly critical of Kershaw as i genuinely dont rate them. However my point wasnt that. lets change Kershaw to Something like Innovative RC who i respect and make great products. But Losi arent exactly going to get IRC To start making them some diff gears are they? Theyll just do it in house. Thats all i meant by it

8 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Said it before and I'll say it again.

Will the idiot designers at Traxxas please change the diff ratio to 9T 29T.

This will give it thicker teeth and solve all the problems.

Thick as :censored: they are.

I beleileive they have on the new one but from what OCD says it's how there made that's the problem now ? 

Edited by mydoddy69

6 hours ago, Guns said:

Its no secret Im fairly critical of Kershaw as i genuinely dont rate them. However my point wasnt that. lets change Kershaw to Something like Innovative RC who i respect and make great products. But Losi arent exactly going to get IRC To start making them some diff gears are they? Theyll just do it in house. Thats all i meant by it

My take on this is that they just bought the CAD drawings.

On 12/14/2016 at 16:02, Ripoffbritain said:

dont think you'll ever see dans diffs

Hello Lads,  I have been reading this thread,  I'm only on page 101.  I ordered and payed for the Kershaw diffs in November, hoping they would be available before I needed them.  Release date on his site still says EARLY DEC? 

I emailed Kershaw about 3 weeks ago to add the slipper spring to my diff order.  They allowed my to add the $8.99 spring, then I got a email with a tracking info from Kershaw.  I was thinking Ahhh, my diffs...NO, just a slipper spring.

i don't need diffs yet, as my truck is still new, only 1 bash so far.  If I could figure out that Chinises web page I would order a set?  Anyone know how to order from their? 

I did install my Bluebird H50 servo...wow,wow, & WOW.  

21 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

Hello Lads,  I have been reading this thread,  I'm only on page 101.  I ordered and payed for the Kershaw diffs in November, hoping they would be available before I needed them.  Release date on his site still says EARLY DEC? 

I emailed Kershaw about 3 weeks ago to add the slipper spring to my diff order.  They allowed my to add the $8.99 spring, then I got a email with a tracking info from Kershaw.  I was thinking Ahhh, my diffs...NO, just a slipper spring.

i don't need diffs yet, as my truck is still new, only 1 bash so far.  If I could figure out that Chinises web page I would order a set?  Anyone know how to order from their? 

I did install my Bluebird H50 servo...wow,wow, & WOW.  

Hi Tim fella servo works a treat mate very nice I saw these on rcmart the other day they looked like they had some nice specs but we all know specs can be how shall we say over rated lol .. this looks to be what it says though I take it your running it at 7.4v ? 

Chinese website is easy use your desktop than hit translate makes live easy ;) 

40 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

That's @ 6.0v,  I'm still using the stock Rx/Tx.  Will the receiver handle 7.2v?  

I hit the the translate button, I'm using my iPad, didn't translate anything.  I'll try my laptop ina bit

EDIT: translator does nothing?

It works on my desktop with the google translator just fine if that's any help but sadly not on my iPad ..

I'm currently using the max6 and have that set at 7.4v on the bec running the stock rx and servo seems fine so far. Once I blow this stock servo I'll be getting one of those servos imagine how much better it will be at 7.4 if that's only 6.0 :) 

Edited by mydoddy69

11 minutes ago, Guns said:

Yes and id get one of those adjustable servo arms from gpm or which ever takes your fancy and don't forget  a 25t servo horn ;) 

They ran out of H50B's when I was upgrading the TXT-2 - still waiting for a couple of bits for that.

This is the one I've shortlisted for my 'X' if/as/when I need to.

I've read on the Traxxas forum that the Rx does not support 7.4V but some of them run it.

Al.

10 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

You will need to cut you servo down - See manual from adapter

servo1_zpszrrll0kl.jpg

servo2_zpsqezcezns.jpg

I listed all the part numbers I used in the video caption, I used a Arrma Kraton servo arm, it's a little shorter, and longer in the splined part.

i didn't cut up my new servo,, just jammed it together.  Guess I should have looked at the instructions..lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Timritchieblue said:

I had that servo in my 5ive,  strong, but not fast.  I have the d840wp in my Baja 5b, it's a lot faster.

If you run the D845wp at 7.4v it's just as fast as the D840wp but with the added bonus of being 50kg not 30kg like the D840wp according to the specs but I haven't try them myself