• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

habao hyper vs

jim46

Hi all, looking at getting a hyper vs nitro roller, has anyone had one, are they any good, they look ok for the money, plan to turn it into a rally car, already got decent engine and starter etc, 

No idea, but was about to start a thread in buggies about the VS electric 80% roller, looks like good value to me with some nice kit as standard.  Been looking for a nice used Hyper 7 roller, but may just stump up the extra wonga for one of these, as I already have an SC8 120a esc doing nothing...

How do you reckon the VS chassis etc compares to a Hyper 7?

Vs looks like a lightly fettled ss to me.  I had the sste and cage for awhile and was less then impressed, though I've heard the buggies were better.

I think if the chassis plate proves stronger than the ss it will be an improvement.  Like the ss though hop up parts are big ££££.

Electric Rtr vs looks poor value, the roller though Is relatively keenly priced.

James have you seen the hobao gtb? 

2 hours ago, bertberr said:

So how similar is the VS to the Hyper 7? Looks fairly similar but what about the bits you can't see?

From memory (it's been months since I looked at the VS seriously) pretty much just the diff's.  Rest of it looks v similar / identical to the SS - there was some talk orig that there might be some Hyper 8 in there too though too. 

Easy way to check is part numbers from the manual.  Take the E mount for example - it's the SS one (not a bad thing), in a different colour - again, from memory, the part number is the same with a suffix to denote the colour (or something like that).