• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fid dragon hammer vs kraken vekta

sean-vrs

Haha I wouldn't put it passed hpi it wouldn't be the first time lol. 

I hope these hurry up and get abused we'll soon see then. The losi 5ive is the king but I've seen plenty of 6m old 5ives looming like piles of crap. Worse than bajas in fact. It's maintenence for sure but not 100% down to that.

Dh roller price is more in line with my expectations now. This would be an intrested race class dh vs vekta. 

Edited by RCbutcher

when something is spinning and passing a load down it the weakest points will be any sharp points. you could make those dogbones stronger by removing material and tapering that cut out in the shaft. weird i know but sometimes less is more

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cookie666uk said:

when something is spinning and passing a load down it the weakest points will be any sharp points. you could make those dogbones stronger by removing material and tapering that cut out in the shaft. weird i know but sometimes less is more

A very sound observation, you're spot on there mate... :) 

You have to take into consideration that the drive shaft is dead straight, Under normal RC car circumstances the drive shaft would be working at an angle which is way less efficient,putting heavier uneven loads on it.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone heard any detailed updates on either one with prices, options and spec. i know was taking orders for the fid, but heard nothing about krakken which was originally April, nearly may and nada..

8 hours ago, kangarilla said:

anyone heard any detailed updates on either one with prices, options and spec. i know was taking orders for the fid, but heard nothing about krakken which was originally April, nearly may and nada..

Its taking so long the Kraken, I'm seriously considering not bothering now and getting my deposit back... :( 

May just buy an Imp4ct instead...

Edited by Carpmart

12 hours ago, Carpmart said:

ts taking so long the Kraken, I'm seriously considering not bothering now and getting my deposit back... :( 

May just buy an Imp4ct instead...

I was expecting to see something similar to the krakken or Fid when i searched for imp4ct, not a buggy :)

Thought there was another option coming !!

We'll wait and see then i guess, i was hoping to see how they faired after people had had them and run them for a couple of months before making a decision..... seems like i'll be better sticking with the fives at this rate !, i could really transform one into something special for £1200.00.

7 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Cancelled my Kraken, Jason at Abbots messed up and hasn't ordered them, so getting a refund and buying something else 

Awww, no way!! :boo:

That's seriously crap. I was really looking forward to your owner's thread, so I can only guess how much you were looking forward to actually taking delivery!

So what now?

Look forward to see your 5ive with a 78 cc motor, supersonic, space modulation exhaust fitted soon.

Is there no information at all about whether they are coming FID or Krakken.

Glad you got your refund sorted but, seriously marketing, production, R & D, surly someone needs these things on sale to pull back in the revenue expended.

A revised release date would have been a good idea, RC Modelz had a container full coming over.

• Like 1