• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

South wales, anyone?

m4inbrain

Personally, no idea. 

Did you ever go to Ogmore by the sea? I've read a couple of times that there's some bashworthy spots, but i'd like to clarify before i actually drive there. 

Ahm.. Where'd that be, newport? Might be a dumb question, but i only recently moved here, so i got no idea. :P

And i certainly wouldn't mind seeing a baja live, would help me decide if i actually want one. 

Yup newport. The baja is in a million pieces at the moment waiting for a rebuild. Haven't used it much before I took it apart need to find some decent places to run it not found anywhere really.

Ogmore might be good have been there before but not really looking for RC spots at the time.

I've got an electric rustler to use but that is suited to the total opposite places to the baja, doesn't like long grass and not noisy so I can just use it at the park etc. 

Can't really do that with a stupidly noisy baja that rips up the ground :whistling: hope to have it rebuilt in the next few weeks though. Just need to sell a few other bits to fund the last few parts.

Just need to find somewhere a bit out of the way where the noise isn't an issue really.

Isn't there a racetrack in Newport somewhere?

edit: RC race track, nitro nutters or something?

I might just have a look around for some spots, i do understand that a noisy baja might be a problem to cater to. I've heard that there's some closed down quarry somewhere around here, where one would be able to drive. Can't even find where i've read that though, would need to go google again.

Edited by m4inbrain

Yeah there is a track in cwmbran, Gwent nitro racer (they are on facebook) the guy who runs it says it is just to tight and twisty for a baja because he couldn't drive one around it...

Not really interested in racing anyway.

Me neither, yet. Truggy isn't made for racing anyway, gonna get a buggy for that at some point. 

Hm.. Well, as i said, gonna have a look around and pm you if i find that spot i mentioned. You fix your Baja, ready for spring when season starts :P

I am in Cardiff, but I have all nice quiet leccys. Ogmore is OK if you want to use the beach, but back when I had nitro we got kicked out all the time. People live on the edge of the car park and they get real narky. Can't blame them. 

1 hour ago, b19jas said:

I am in Cardiff, but I have all nice quiet leccys. Ogmore is OK if you want to use the beach, but back when I had nitro we got kicked out all the time. People live on the edge of the car park and they get real narky. Can't blame them. 

That's a pity.

On 1/8/2016 at 7:58 AM, Nic01 said:

You, according to my post about Pembrokeshire.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Yup, You win. No prize though, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Well returned after a year and a half of inactivity, nitro nutters was disbanded after being kicked off the ground we used to go to, a few of us still lurk up the newbridge area plenty of rugby pitches and footballs grounds we use, we bought skateboard ramps from the local car boot sales to bash and throw our nitro's and baja's off of. If you lot are still interested in meeting up on a weekend sometime let me know. 

• 10 months later...

I know this is quite an old post but for anyone interested I was just talking to a few guys at my local  model shop who are building a track in the Newport Area,  not finished yet but coming soon :)

Face book page here https://m.facebook.com/wvmracing/

Was gonna say there's a model shop (or was, not sure?) in Newport several years ago, it might still be open for business? They're bound to know of a track/bashing spots.. With regards to Ogmore, on the way in from Bridgend direction there's an open grassy area to the west of the road, looks decent with dry sand too.  

12 hours ago, t2boats said:

Was gonna say there's a model shop (or was, not sure?) in Newport several years ago, it might still be open for business? They're bound to know of a track/bashing spots.. With regards to Ogmore, on the way in from Bridgend direction there's an open grassy area to the west of the road, looks decent with dry sand too.  

Theres one in Risca called Western Valley Models that's been around for years and is still running, they are part of the track being made I linked above. There was also a shop on the Leeway Industrial Estate called Mad On Models but they stopped trading a few years back.

• 7 months later...

I hope you guys are still about, it seems gwent have disbanded and so have nitro nutters. I would just like a group to go bash with and maybe have a little go on track at some point, not to race but but to have a go. 

Ryan 

• 1 year later...