• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spray paint manufacturer

DeSelby

Guy's went down the local hobby shop today to get some paint for my new repro Tomy shell. I couldnt find an exact match and was advised that there was another company back in the day who made spray paints but is long out of business. Any one got an idea of who the company was? I'm sure it started with a p but when I asked the guy a few minutes later he couldn't remember what he had said. 

I'm trying to paint my new shell the same colour scheme as the one I am replicating. 

Thanks

Wasn't Parma as I would have remembered that, good suggestion though as I didn't know they made paints so this is something that I can check out. Looking at the site they mention the paint doesn't crack. The paint on my shell is cracking and splitting off badly. The guy in the shop said its probably not Tamiya as their paint wouldn't do this sort of thing. 

Pactra is another good suggestion, I think I need to find a shop which stocks these and pay them a visit. 

I'm probably crazy trying to find the exact colour and match them, the harder this gets the more I want to try and find a match. Potentially I am going to waste a bit on paints but will hopefully get there in the end. 

Thanks guys. 

motorcar - automotive paint sellers, we got one up ere in norfolk, sells body paint to the car firms and sprayers round ere.
pop in with either the color code or a swab-flash of the paint you need, and ask them to mix a batch up.

The oldest paint makers in that selection is Pactra, i used them paints a long time again when i was a boy ( im now in mid life ).

Pactra would have had this paint mixed and bottled then branded up and sent out. they are still going now ( i have pactra paints here i use for airbrushing old things with)
but be warned old paint does not stand well against time and it can just seperate out so will need a full remixing ( ball bearing or a nut insid ethe bottle and shake it like your mexican )

• 2 weeks later...