• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Stainless screws

Defender Josh

Hi all, I've been in the hobby quite a few years now and was wondering what you all do for replacement screws? I've been thinking about making some stainless screw bags and car kits to  sell, just wondering your thoughts, cheers 

Cheers Al, yes was looking at high tensile as an option, I've seen them at Westfield but think I can supply them slightly cheaper in smaller quantities, just going to get a bit of a list together of different kits to offer and all screw sizes and types, cheers again

High tensile seems the way forward, going to take some looking into to make sure I can make kits for different models and get all the right screws + spares as obviously each model uses different amounts of screws. Also thinking packs of 10 screw in certain sizes 

Depends, i'd be willing to pay some extra monies to get basically a full replacement set for my nitro, without me needing to look for the correct ones myself. Convenience beats all out cheapness, at least for me. 

In that regard, if you ever offer full screw-sets for vehicle units (as in, lets say, every single screw on my truggy x10, or something like that) - i'd be happy to buy that. The only reason why at the moment i'm not replacing all the screws on my Trophy Truggy 4.6 (hint *cough*) is simply because i can't be bothered to find every single one by myself. Got the motor mount screws stainless steel, but now i'm wondering if high tensile wouldn't have been better. 

• Like 1