• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My son's new Anderson M5

Thedrum2010

A quick picture of my son's Anderson m5 he got off santa. 

So far we've fitted a flysky fs2gt 2.4ghz tx/rx, checked gear mesh, checked tightness of everything and made a diy wheelie/mudguard protector bar, made from a stainless handle from a bbq grill, cut down and some material removed to slightly reduce the diameter, works a treat and was free !

Is there anything else we should do before first proper outing ?

20151226_114615_zpsrwelx486.jpg

20151226_114625_zpsbqnnwopa.jpg

Edited by Thedrum2010

No for the same reasons.I am hoping to get out some time this week.In the spare time I have had I have coloured the disks,handlebars and rear spocket in oil based silver and gold pens.It really breaks up all the black nicely.

It has dried fine but if it holds while unning I don't know.If it doesn't I will just take the spocket off and scratch it off.I also got an ARX540 aswell that I was hoping to take for a run aswell but I left it in the front room while I popped into the kitchen.When I came back in my son was sitting on it and unfortunately that has burst the seals in the rear shock.

10 minutes ago, Thedrum2010 said:

Ran nimh today.

Got plenty of lipos, I'll need to fit a low voltage alarm first though as I don't think the stock has lvc.

No it doesn't have lvc in the stock ESC.I am going to get a leopard 4370kv combo for mine when funds allow. They are only £37 from HK.Fitted a revo shock to mine yesterday.I have mt2 shock here to try and fit as a steering damper.