• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Basic Balance Charger - Problem?

capri-boy

Hi all,

I've a 'friend' with a B3AC balance charger - it's the basic 2s/3s type supplied with budget rtr's like the Maverick:

23216014403_cff184593f_o.jpg

There was no destructions with it though, does anyone have one and can advise on it's use?  When he plugs this one in only cell 3 lights up in green - there's no explanation in the instructions on what the LEDS mean.  As far as I was aware all 3 lit up green on powering up, then go red when a battery is connected and the leds change to green once the cell is charged.  I'm not sure why the things light all 3 leds though if only a 2S battery is connected.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

2 hours ago, capri-boy said:

Hi all,

I've a 'friend' with a B3AC balance charger - it's the basic 2s/3s type supplied with budget rtr's like the Maverick:

23216014403_cff184593f_o.jpg

There was no destructions with it though, does anyone have one and can advise on it's use?  When he plugs this one in only cell 3 lights up in green - there's no explanation in the instructions on what the LEDS mean.  As far as I was aware all 3 lit up green on powering up, then go red when a battery is connected and the leds change to green once the cell is charged.  I'm not sure why the things light all 3 leds though if only a 2S battery is connected.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

http://www.imaxrc.com/images/pdf/B3 Pro Manual.pdf

4 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Cheers, found that last night, there's no explanation of what the light's mean (other than all red / all green).

That's all there is to it though isn't it. Plug the charger into the mains LED's go from red to green showing the charger is working correctly, plug in lipo either 2 or 3's port LED's will now turn red and go green when lipo is charged. That's the way I'm reading it, if its not doing that maybe a problem with it.

7 minutes ago, Fontie said:

That's all there is to it though isn't it. Plug the charger into the mains LED's go from red to green showing the charger is working correctly, plug in lipo either 2 or 3's port LED's will now turn red and go green when lipo is charged. That's the way I'm reading it, if its not doing that maybe a problem with it.

So it seems - my guys just lights one green light up when plugged in, none when battery connected.  There's def a problem, just no way of telling which at this point and he lives miles n miles away.

Found some info for a clone of the b3ac that stated one red light on cell 3 denotes a faulty charger.

This type of charger usually has 3 independent channels, each with his own led (like three 1s chargers in one box). Each led indicates the status of it's own channel (which translates to a cell from the pack).

Yours sounds broken. Maybe is has some bad solders inside, cheap electronics do this.

• 11 months later...