• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Tamiya!

XV Pilot

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, twisty said:

I can`t load any pic`s at the moment due to file sizes and PAYG,but seeing the Tyrell reminded me of this ,filmed by Rich, (Biggus Ditchus) a few years ago

I think I'd drive it that slow as they no longer sell the hard shell. I'd love to use but we have no tarmac tracks near me and the roads are shocking where I live.

I drove slow until i put the foams on,then it was pretty much flat out everywhere,plenty of grip ;) great car to drive,but the kit rubber tyres were more than a bit pants(note spin on first ever lap)the rubber boots were mainly for show/shelf really IMHO or it was too cold to get them warmed up.

• 1 month later...

And another Fiat 500, a bit different to the last:

M-03 Fiat 500 trophy

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 1

Sure. It is a TL-01LA chassis running speed-tuned gears, front stabiliser bar and lightened propshaft along with the obvious bearing kit and steel pinion. Shell is a Matrixline moulding based very closely on the Tamiya one, wing is from HPI and wheels/tyres are Fastrax items.

The car was my father's stock class racer which he passed on to me when he retired from racing a few years ago. I replaced a few worn parts, gave it the new shell and wheels, and now it sees occasional use as a parking lot basher since I too have left the racing scene.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It has been a while since I have had anything new to post here, but that changed last night with the completion of this:

F103 standard

For my birthday in August, my wife gave me a F104V2 Pro Black Special kit along with numerous hop ups which take it to TRF levels of carbon and alloy content. As this is such a high-end kit and a limited edition into the bargain, I wanted to fit it with the best running gear I could find, and colour code this where possible too.

What you see in the picture above is clearly not a F104V2 Pro Black Special. Rather, it is a base-spec F103RS. I haven't raced for a good few years now, and it will be a couple of months yet before I will have accumulated all the high-end gear I wish to fit to my F104V2, so I thought it would be wise to pick up something basic and cheap with which to hone my racing skills in the interim.

The basic chassis was picked up 2nd hand off eBay, then fitted with a mix of budget gear and bits from my stash to get it race ready. It is running a budget Alturn ballraced servo, a TBLE-02 ESC that came free with another kit, the cheapest 21.5t sensored motor I could find on HobbyKing and a Spektrum SR210 RX left over from when I upgraded another model. Paint is Tamiya PS Camel Yellow, decals are from TheBorder.com.

Outdoor pics to follow when the weather improves!

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, XV Pilot said:

It has been a while since I have had anything new to post here, but that changed last night with the completion of this:

DSC06535_zpseyilg5lk.jpg

For my birthday in August, my wife gave me a F104V2 Pro Black Special kit along with numerous hop ups which take it to TRF levels of carbon and alloy content. As this is such a high-end kit and a limited edition into the bargain, I wanted to fit it with the best running gear I could find, and colour code this where possible too.

What you see in the picture above is clearly not a F104V2 Pro Black Special. Rather, it is a base-spec F103RS. I haven't raced for a good few years now, and it will be a couple of months yet before I will have accumulated all the high-end gear I wish to fit to my F104V2, so I thought it would be wise to pick up something basic and cheap with which to hone my racing skills in the interim.

The basic chassis was picked up 2nd hand off eBay, then fitted with a mix of budget gear and bits from my stash to get it race ready. It is running a budget Alturn ballraced servo, a TBLE-02 ESC that came free with another kit, the cheapest 21.5t sensored motor I could find on HobbyKing and a Spektrum SR210 RX left over from when I upgraded another model. Paint is Tamiya PS Camel Yellow, decals are from TheBorder.com.

Outdoor pics to follow when the weather improves!

absolutely love this!! 

ive wanted a tamiya f1 chassis for so long. what body is on that because i love the colour and the livery

The shell is actually supposed to represent a McLaren Mercedes MP4/13, but since it didn't come with the appropriate decals, I thought I might get a bit creative and apply the Camel Lotus livery instead. Glad you like it!

Quite possibly, yes. I have uploaded some clips of it running in the park. It runs well, and handles a bit differently to the average offroader thanks to its FWD drivetrain.

It was inspired by this computer model by 3D artist Moura Machado:

1400067291_FIAT-500-OFF-ROAD-CONCEPT-BLO

Edited by XV Pilot

• 2 weeks later...

...........must get camera out and contribute images........

I'd not worry about articulation, unless you plan on actually rock crawling with it, which would be a waste of valuable bashing time, IMHO....;)

• Like 2